Anyone ever eat Beaver?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
My brother's 8 year old grandson was over today and asked me what Beaver tastes like. I told him I don't know. Hid dad and I could barely keep from laughing. We told him a young Beaver might be pretty good.

Kids are great!

Eel

Its easily over-cooked, so I prefer mine raw.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Good question. I may know someone who has trapped and eaten beaver. I will ask him next time I see him. He is like 90 years old.

You have to pay attention. It's like shellfish, certain times of the month during "red tides", it ain't good.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

I eat it almost every night for dessert! My wife likes weiners for dessert so it works out well!

:)

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

Most times I've eaten it, it was awesome. But one time I drank a little too much and wasn't paying attention to how I was holding it, it tasted like crap.

>Most times I've eaten it, it
>was awesome. But one
>time I drank a little
>too much and wasn't paying
>attention to how I was
>holding it, it tasted like
>crap.

LMFAO!!

~Z~

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-11 AT 11:46PM (MST)[p]I prefer my beaver thoroughly cleaned. Skinned, scalped, or shaved preferably. I like my beaver served hot as a nooner snack!!

Model700 that is funny as he!!

There are different color phased beaver and natinonalities too and for the most part I have noticed little difference.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Model 700 wins, no more needs said.
Lmfao

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Thats funny stuff guys. No wonder i like this website. Thanks for the afternoon laugh!

Whip Cream usually ads good flavor. Depending on where you pick up your beaver, don't be surprised if you go through a whole can in one sitting. Helps mask the "gaminess" that's so common with beavers.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-12-11 AT 09:09PM (MST)[p] If it wasn't for eating why did the lord make it look like a taco and smell like a fish.

Rutnbuck

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-11 AT 04:45AM (MST)[p]I like to pull out my Beaver beater and tenderize it first. Once it's nice and tenderized i like to lay down and let it fall right in my mouth whitch i call "Beaver Bagging"...

My drinking buddies have a hunting problem..

I usta eat it all the time, then one day I put a ring on its finger, well then the beaver went into hybernation!

"And just what were these guys doing riding horses in an aspen thicket"
WhiskyMan

That looks good HH!

Has anyone else noticed that eating Beaver seems to be a guy thing? I've only known a few girls who liked to eat Beaver.

Eel

i know a gal or two myself that don't mind a rare cooked beav.
far and too few between,

the thing that gets me is,
the dudes that like there beav on a stick,sorry s.o.b's

I was talking to a hunting buddy of mine the other night about hunting and eating beavers. He reminded me that as
hunters we are known for sometimes going deep in the bush, shooting quite often and good at eating what we shoot. I agreed with him and told him I never really minded eating a beaver that I' d shot. He agreed with me. I 'm just not very fond of thinking about eating a beaver that's been shot by someone else.

The bright side to waiting untill after you shoot it, then you can have all that extra icing on the chocolate doughnut for desert. YUMMMYYY!!!!

Sorry, think I just gagged myself :)

Dang, been a long time since I was drunk enough to eat chocolate doughnuts and beaver at the same sitting.

I had a professionaly prepped piece of beaver sunday night,that was as fresh as fresh could be,so i thought.
As i was munching ever so slowley and mythodicley(because it was so tender and moist)I was trying to enjoy it along with the late game,All of the sudden the piece i had in my mouth exploded like a cream donut and then started to bleed.hum i thought
I need to speak to the chief?

The chief said i ordered beaver tar tar rare!
must have been the barley and the hops!
or the borring game I dont know;anyways

I did not fire the cook! but i have restocked with a new batch of the western slopes finest batch of beaver!

all is well!

When in dought turn it inside out! NV

MNBeaverBlanket2.jpg

I have only tried it fried. The bigger meat chunks above the tail. Wasn't for me. Reminded me of raccoon.

Life Member, National Trappers Association
Life Member, MN Trappers Association
Life Member, GA Trappers Association
Life Member, TN Fur Harvesters Association
Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

www.deanparisian.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom