anyone else???????

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
Hey guys just wanted to let every one know i paint for a living and it seems like no one wants to pay up. do they think i work for free????? if anyone else would like me to paint there house and then not pay me just give me a call. i would love to pay for all your materials and labor just out of the kindness of my Heart! who cares if my family has food on there plate!!!!!

Sounds great. I could use a fresh coat and some drywall work. Really though, I know the frustration that you feel. I also am involved in the private sector and it seems to be all to common to get burned by those who have not enough moral fiber to feel obligated to their debts. It is a double edged sword. If you don't work with others on credit, you lose a lot of buisness. If you do work with others on credit, you lose a lot of money.

THANKS one_dryboot!!!

I KNOW THE FEELING!!!

MAYBE WE COULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND BUILD SOMEBODY A HOUSE JUST FOR THE EXPERIENCE!!!

THIEVING BASTARDS!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Hell as long as they pick me up to work on there job(because i have no GAS MONEY) everything should work out great. at least if we all build a house together we could B.S about hunting to take our mind off Bankruptsy

I was a licensed contractor (cabinet and millwork) at one time. I never had to file a lien on any of my projects, but came close a few times.

You can't make them pay, but you can make them wish they did!

Eel

Went through this today.. Guy owes me right at $10,000 for cleaning his pecans. Been doing it for him for 5 years but the price of pecans was down last fall and he can't seem to come up with the money.
I told a buddy today if I tell him I won't clean for him this fall, it will hurt, but business without getting paid is not business.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

eel gave you some good advise. Mine would also be to get familiar with the lein process (especially the if you snooze you lose part), and have people you do work for on credit sign personal guarantees to protect yourself. Friends are friends but buisness is buisness and you'll find that when times get tight your friends are usually the first to stiff you and the last to pay you.

I'm a loan officer and many of my customers are small to mid-size contractors. I've seen that happen to many of them. I would second the advice to learn about the lien process and don't be too polite to do it.

"cleaning his pecans"? Is that code for something dirty? Are you an expensive call girl? :)

Seriously, not getting paid for what you do or what you sell is probably the biggest insult there is. And it amazes me how often it's a "friend" who stiffs you. My dad went to the grave with a guy owing him for a truckload of hay from years ago. The guy fell on some hard times and my dad was very understanding and offered several times to let him pay a little at a time or whatever worked. But the guy never paid and I see him every once in a while driving his new pickup and enjoying his retirement. It wasn't a lot of money by today's standards (less than two grand) but back then it was and worse yet he was a guy who always acted like a friend.

Don't be shy. You're not asking for anything that you're not entitled to.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom