Anyone draw Dedicated LE tags?

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
I know of one lucky little bugger that drew a pang early rifle elk tag. Anyone else?

No luck for me, because the tag is still in my pocket un notched. :(

Are you serious? The deadline to return unfilled tags was 1/31. I would be surprised if the DWR has already conducted the drawing.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Well, I did not believe him til I read the e-mail they sent him on feb 4, Im sure he wont be the only one.

It's always been after the regular draws, so I don't know why they'd change now. Would also expect guys to be reporting here and and on the UDWR forum if they were drawn, first hand like.

This is the e mail that was sent. I copied this from his e mail. Part of the reason I ask is because if he is the only person to draw then he did a great job of creating this e mail and making it look legit. I have looked over other e mails that the dwr has sent me and it looks real. If he is playing a joke on me he did a good job and it took a while to figure out.
If there are others that have drawn a DH LE tag in the past, did they send you an e mail as well as a certified letter? and does this look like what they would say in the e mail?

To: $%^&&^$###
Sent: February Thurs,4, 2010 8:54:40 AM
Subject: UDWR 2010 Dedicated Hunter Draw - Results 5337986

February 4, 2010

Dear &^$#@ :

Thank you for your recent tag return for the Dedicated Hunter Drawing. Your results are:

Appl # Hunt # Result
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
109925 LE ELK PANGUITCH LAKE (ANY WEAPON) SUCCESSFUL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a funny joke.

I just found out that I drew a Henry Mountains deer rifle tag and a Pahvant Elk tag, too.

I drew a Dedicated Hunter LE tag back in 2003 (Paunsaugunt Archery deer tag) and was notified first by phone. A lady at the division office called my home and asked if I was sitting down. I said yes and she told me the great news. I then received a certified letter in the mail a little while later, paid the tag fee and had an incredible hunt with no bonus points used (that was nice).

That was a long time ago, but I doubt they have changed the process much and I know for a fact the drawing is always held in concert with the regular big game drawing, so your buddy PUNK'D you good.

How'd that taste?

I just called the DWR and I GOT PUNK"D

Man he had me going and I was excited. BUt after nobody else came foward it started to seem weird he was the only one.

I will say he owed me because I got him good in september while bear hunting in montana. I called him and told I shot a bear in the dump and while we were trying to get it out the cops showed up and arrested us and we were in jail. He took it "hook, line and sinker" then at the end of the conversation I almost wrecked my truck I was laughing so hard.

SO to those that are in on this little prank, watching this thread, laughing your a$$'s off because I look like a fool very well done you plicks! :)

I even took time off work and rearranged my hunts so I could help you you big weenie! My boss is going to be pissed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom