anybudy have probs buying ammo

M

manny15

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-09 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]I ordered a case of 25-06, waited 6 weeks only to tell me they couldn't find a case in the U.S, most of the sporting good store round here are way low, the guy told me that the military bought it all up, if that's true what are they gearing up for, Martial Law?

I can't find much of any caliber around here (Albuquerque). I'm somewhat stocked on some calibers, but there's no .380 or 9mm around here anywhere. I was in Ohio for the last few days and couldn't find 9mm or .380 there either, but they seemed to have .223 and 45 auto. Why would the military be buying 25-06?
-- Bob

Problems getting .223 ammo for my Colt AR-15...sold it tonight!!! Heading to Medford Saturday to meet the guy that is buying it. I have a 300RUM that hasnt been the easiest to find good ammo, lots of cheap stuff found though.

Wild Bills Guns here in Molalla has TONS of every kind of ammo. Bi-Mart's shelves are empty!

muleyman

how long you guys been sleeping????

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Like D13er said, this didn't start
>last week, or last month.
> It started last year.
>

not in my neck of the woods it started when Obamma took office....

It really started about two years ago, trickling at first, then snowballing.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

The shelves at Cabela's last week were BARE AS A NAKED LADY.
The big GUN SHOW at the old Hilton was so crowdy my friend told me that it was like a funnel trying to get in the main doors.
Every gun was a COLLECTOR'S PIECE......outragious prices and what AMMO was there was also PRICELESS.

NO 45ACP AMMO AT ALL.....AND NO PRIMERS OR VERY LITTLE BUT HIGH COST.

Brian

I noticed a couple of years ago that 223 was getting harder to find in bulk ie Cabelas and Sportsmans. Cabelas had Remington 20 count boxes @ $8.99 a box. Over the last year that price has gone up to $13.00 a box.

That was getting to pricey for me so I sold the AR and bought my son a shotgun and me a S&W 44 last December. I do not think I will blast off 30 rounds through the 44 as fast as the AR. Also had some dough left over.

Luckily, I stocked up on components starting last year. Plus, I have a bud that works at an ammo factory here where I live, so I can get what I need right now too. .22 LR is a pain to find though. And expensive too. mtmuley

>Luckily, I stocked up on components
>starting last year. Plus, I
>have a bud that works
>at an ammo factory here
>where I live, so I
>can get what I need
>right now too. .22 LR
>is a pain to find
>though. And expensive too. mtmuley
>

what does your buddy say the shortages are all about?....just unbelievable demand?? No brass???

JB

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-09 AT 08:43AM (MST)[p]>>Luckily, I stocked up on components
>>starting last year. Plus, I
>>have a bud that works
>>at an ammo factory here
>>where I live, so I
>>can get what I need
>>right now too. .22 LR
>>is a pain to find
>>though. And expensive too. mtmuley
>>
>
>what does your buddy say the
>shortages are all about?....just unbelievable
>demand?? No brass???
>
>
>JB
>
>
>great post/pic, thanks for sharing
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

thats the Q of the year.....is it a gimmic

The majority of the ammo being loaded where my friend works is going to the military and law enforcement. But, he says there are concerned regulars like us that are also buying thousands of rounds, especially handgun ammo on a regular basis. Yep, thousands. The shortages we as the public are experiencing don't affect manufacturers like the one I speak of. Components are available to those guys first. Some say this shortage will even out in a few months after the initial "scare" is over. I am not banking on that. Our local stores advertise when shipments of ammo and components arrive. Stuff goes fast, at least around here. I just paid 29.99 for a brick of .22 LR and I ain't gonna ##### about the price if I can buy it now when I want it. If it is a gimmic, I was in a panic but still have the ammo and components. If it is not a gimmic, I have more ammo and components than the next guy. And I'm still buying more. mtmuley

was contemplating buying some bulk Wolf ammo from Cabelas a couple weeks ago. The price for 500 rounds was 169. I didn't buy any cuz I was gonna wait to get a little more money. Looked today and the same ammo is now 189. 20 bucks in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I've seen bricks of 500 round bricks of .22LR selling for 20 bucks. I remember just a few years ago they were less than 10 at Walmart. Its getting crazy.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom