anybody seeing chukars?

I

IDdesertman

I was seeing quite a few birds scouting for deer this summer, but I haven't been able to find them the past few weeks. Are any of you guys been stumbling into any chukar while you've been out and about? I know there out there somewhere.

ive heard and seen a lot of chukar up in 39, usually see at least one covey a day

Saw and heard at least 10 coveys last weekend in 39 during one day of hunting. The snow lines have risen a lot this week, but last weekend that's where they were. I think the moisture allowed them to branch out a bit, that hot September weather really had them pinned to water sources.

>To be honest one bunch a
>day is not a lot
>of birds. Ron

yea but im not exactly looking for the birds either if i had a dog and i went after them every time i heard them in a draw below me or somethin id be seein more

It is too bad everybody and their mom knows about the birds around the south fork. That used to be a great little area to hunt, and you never saw many people. Opening day they would be right up off the water and everywhere. Can you still shoot 8 bird's?

Earlier this summer I heard birds but what I found was not a covey but a pair of birds. I have not seen a good covey yet, and I am talking about 8 to 10 birds in a covey. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom