Anybody Own A Custom Made Sleeping Bag?

2lumpy

Long Time Member
I'm interested in locating a company that can and would custom build a 44" x 90" - 20, 800/850 down filled, polyester lined, canvas covered, sleeping bag.

I've called a number of outfits that advertise custom bags on the Internet but so far none of them are willing to build what I'd like. Seems funny that "custom" bag makers can't or won't make a bag the size or style I'm after but so far I've struck out.

If you've ever had a bag made to your specification, I'd really like to give them a call.

Thanks folks.

DC

I have had AAA Tent and Awning make some things in their fabrication shop, and they used to make sleeping bags, but I understand they only custom fabricate tents now. Try Butler Bag in Cedar City, they fabricate a mean bag. Maybe you can talk them into custom making a bag.

I'll give AAA Tent and Awning a call LB. Maybe I should inquire about a new shirt and pants while I'm at it! It's getting harder to find a tent or an awning, that will go around me. Thanks for the heads up.

DC

Lumpy you're a big SOB just like me. I looked for something similar but came up empty. I ended up locating a sleeping system by Montana Sleeping Bags which carries the rating you seek and is also big enough for me to roll over in. They might be able assist as they specialize in big people bags.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

tailchasers.
Can' find a company by the name of Montana Sleeping Bags. Any chance they go by a different name?

Thanks
DC

I bought 2 slumberjacks and zipped them together. Thought about adding a bedroll for a cover and a liner if it got really cold. A bit cumbersome but comfortable.

LAST EDITED ON May-02-14 AT 01:36PM (MST)[p]Trix4me,
Thanks for the suggestion. That's a good idea however I'm going to try to find a single bag solution at this point. If that fails, I already own a -20 slumberjack (an old one) so I could add a second one to it and maybe solve my problem, but to avoid the two bag management issues I'm going to exhaust a single bag solution first.

I have a few months of summer weather that will let me get by with what I have now but by this fall I hope to have a new sleeping partner.

DC

Well I'll be. I looked on the sleeping bag tag and that was what was printed. Got the bag 5 years ago or so and now can't find a dang thing about it on the internet.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom