ANYBODY NOTICE THE INFLUX OF CAMPERS/RECREATIONISTS/TENTERS RECENTLY???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
The South Slope is Totally Invaded & Consumed with Re-creationists of all kinds!

I've never Ever seen Traffic like this!

Not even in the PUMPKIN Patch!

Who said the South Slope was the Place?

Just wondering what You've Seen/Noticed in your Neck of the Woods?

The 1st Time I've seen Combat/Elbow to Elbow action here for a Sardine!

The White River around here is packed. Not as many folks in the hills as a few weeks ago with summer setting in and all but this little off the beaten path part of the world has a lot of folks hanging around this year.

BTW Bess we were a couple of travelers playing around up South Fork the past few weekends and we noticed all the people too. Had a wonderful time yet
IMG_20200611_192759648_HDR.jpg

I was in Wyoming last week/G unit and I saw two campers going along Swift Creek FS road.

3 weeks ago I was up scouting my Utah LE bow bull unit and there was about 4 boats on Flaming Gorge, kinda weird!

1-boat in Sheep Creek bay
IMG_4916.jpg

Robb

I was up north of Ketchum working on a cabin on Saturday, I have never seen this many campers. Every camp ground is full, every pull out has a vehicle in it. There are a lot of out of state license plates. I have to work every day to make a living. Maybe all these campers have money, maybe there sick of the liberal run cities.

Busy as hell around here. I had to wait in line at the diesel pumps at Maverick for the first time in my life.

After the zonies get done this weekend there won't be an ice machine, liquor store, or dispensary with anything left. Good thing I'm going to town tomorrow. :D

Maybe I should have taken one of those big government loans they were offering and I could be traveling and camping for the year. Then I could ask for forgiveness and not pay the loan back like all these people are doing.

But they aren't minding their own business. They are working on their medical and poly-sci home-school degrees. I liked it better when we argued about whether Kaepernick actually had football skills. :confused:

More time spent seeing a sunset, deer, wildflower is less time spent on political theory, 4th wave feminism.

If your fishing, you ain’t watching CNN, responding to (insert celebrity here) on IG, or watching ESPN.

Who knows. Maybe the current generation of screen watchers might get dirty,......and survive.

I’m serious.

And from a public land protection stance, how valuable did public become to folks in the last few months?

Ya, I work in the woods and in my area every weekend so far looks like a holiday weekend in past years. People jam packed in areas camping on top of each other.

I have noticed an increase in members of my neighborhood out walking, visiting with neighbors, working on a garden and kids out playing in the neighborhood.
I was looking for a garden tiller about a month ago and you could not find one at any of the big box stores and the ones in the want ads are priced way above the true value of a used machine.
I know it sucks for owners and employees of these restaurants, department stores and Amusement parks but having them shut down for a couple months i do believe has got some individuals and families back doing some of the simpler things in life.

Yep tons of California, Nevada and Arizona people all over the Utah mountains. Their states are closed. Might as well go to Utah ! A motor home from California was parked all weekend in a parking lot off the road where we go to get cell service. Every time I went by. They where just sitting in the front seat looking out the window. The camp grounds where all full.

I can't wait to see what the weekend Holiday brings. TIC
The canyons are so packed with folks "working from home" that it's aggravating just to get where I'm going. The razors are rampant and the campers are cramping my style (like I really had any style).

Zeke

Oh Ya!

I Got a Kick out of this one!

At about 4:53 Notice the Turnage of the Front Tires on the Ford!

That oughta Help create a little more Drag!

Anyone here watch their youtube channel?....very well done and good entertainment

Oh Ya!

I Got a Kick out of this one!

At about 4:53 Notice the Turnage of the Front Tires on the Ford!

That oughta Help create a little more Drag!

Ya those boys like their Bubba rope. I would think they would also have a winch on the front of that yellow turd ! But they are entertaining !

It's the same here in northern Kali. You can't even find a place to park anywhere by the beach. I've never seen that in 70 years of living here. Even on cold foggy days.

Yup, pretty amazing what you can do with so little. It’s all in positioning of the tow vehicle for leverage and using the right tools.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom