Anybody adopt?

C

Covey

We're starting the adoption process and I was curious if anyone else here has done it. Domestic adoptions are apparently more difficult so we are looking into the Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, etc. I have to ask myself why they make it so difficult. A lot of these kids are malnurished and get screwed up psyochologically the longer they sit in an orphanage. The problem is related to corruption I'm guessing and it disgusts me.

Let me know if you've been through this because I'm looking for any advice.

Thanks

Congrats for taking this step.
Yes, we have adopted and it was a local open adoption and our child is now a college student.
We opted to go locally because of the costs and logistics involved with foreign adoptions. We have friends who adopted Bosnian, Russian and Asian children.
Thanks for doing what more people should do to help these kids have a life worth something...

Stop Global Whining

Yup, we adopted. Make sure you have a family health history especially with respect to alcohol/drug abuse.

My wife and I have two children together but we've both felt strongly about adopting since we first got married 9 years ago.
Good luck with the process! I have family and friends who have adopted from China. It was expensive and a long wait.

Traditional >>>------->

Greatest thing we have ever done. We have been blessed twice both locally. If you have any questions or just want to talk I am open to talk about our adoption. Please pm me anytime and I will give you my number.

We did the local thing, but have several friends that have gone out of country. It's an amazing experience either way. Its changes how you look at everything...except hunting that is.

I did two, the youngest just finish up at USC and is now in the Peace Corp. doing 2 1/2 years in West Africa he had a need to give back he said. I would do it again in a heart beat.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Covey keep us informed. As my wife and I would love to adopt or what ever.

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom