any wrecker owners/operators

mdbrown

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-08 AT 07:19PM (MST)[p]im kicking the idea around about buying a tow truck and starting a small business in central idaho. im a carpenter/contractor by trade, have been self employed for 17 years. but its a little slow here. im thinking that the towing business should be somewhat recession proof.i should be able to keep a pretty low overhead. any advice? no i dont have any experence, but i didnt have any in the the construction trade either when i first started.we live in a resort town with allot of snow, that should keep me somewhat busy. i should also be able to get on the county sherrif towing rotation also.

they probably would,but im a ford man. im on my 6th ford truck. nothing against dodges though , just a personal preferance. my skidsteer has a cummins and it purrs

I was gonna say.......you HAVE to get on the LE call list....and get an impound yard.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
494742f95c53a850.jpg

>they probably would,but im a ford
>man. im on my 6th
>ford truck. nothing against dodges
>though , just a personal
>preferance. my skidsteer has a
>cummins and it purrs

I believe you missed the joke....he meant "towing" the broke down dodges will be a moneymaker....right BFE?

JB
494742f95c53a850.jpg

>ok im a little slow, i
>get it now.

you'll make a perfect tow truck driver.....lol

JB
494742f95c53a850.jpg

OK!!!

LET ME SPLAIN IT TO YOU!!!

I LOVE TOW TRUCKS!!!

WHAT I LIKE EVEN MORE THAN TOW TRUCKS IS:::

ALL THEM TOW TRUCK DRIVERS SITTING BY THEIR SCANNERS WAITING TO HEAR ABOUT THE NEXT ACCIDENT/WRECK!!!

THEN THEY JUMPS IN THEIR TRUCKS & IT'S A BIG FRICKEN RACE TO SEE WHO CAN GET THERE FIRST!!!

THAT SMART REMARK Beefy MADE ABOUT THE DODGES???

WELL NEXT TIME YOU'RE IN SLC & YOU SEE A WRECK???

JUST PULL OFF TO THE SIDE & WATCH TO SEE WHAT BREED A TRUCK GETS THERE FIRST!!!

THEM FORDS AIN'T BAD,BUT 2ND,3RD,4TH & 5TH PLACE DON'T MAKE YOU MUCH MONEY!!!

A DODGE GETS THERE 1ST 9 OUTA 10 TIMES!!!

AND WILL HAUL YOUR RIG IN 3 TIMES FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE WOULD OR COULD!!!

THERE AIN'T NOTHING I LIKE MUCH BETTER THAN A BUNCH OF FORDS GETTING THERE TOO LATE,THEM BOYS HAVE GOT TUDES!!!

GLAD I COULD HELP!!!

NICE POST,THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I hear Ford and Dodge are putting heaters on their tail gates starting in 2009.

Keeps yer hands warm while yer pushin'em home.

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

As U might-a figured by now Bessy, I'm messin wit my favorite cat t'night,

So how often do you pull over when you see a truck needin a tow to gather the 1st tow truck to arrive statistics you got ?

Or is that jus you in the belcher waiting for a tow ? :p

WELL Beefy!!!

IT'S NOT THAT I WANNA PULL OVER!!!

IT'S THESE RUBBER-NECKING TARDS THAT HAVE TO SLOW DOWN TO .25 MPH TO GAWK!!!

THIS USUALLY GIVES ME TIME TO SEE WHO HAS/OR IS SHOWING UP IN THE DODGE!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

My hunting/fishing partner owns a Tow Buisness. Send me a PM if you would like to talk to him.

A Peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than that of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact.- Aldo Leopold.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom