Any Trot'liners out there ???

lve2143

Very Active Member
Yea, there are a bunch of Kaki'clad
fly pure'est out there in their cool
Attier.....

Any you'ol boys ever trot'line and throw'line ??

Catch a Big'ol Yellow'cat, use'n Goggle'eyed
perch for bait, on a #6 hook...
...when the river's up ??

Big redneck stuff. Am I the only one ???

Wonder'n redneck...

lrv

WELL Larry!!!

I'M LACKING IN THE KAKI'CLAD AREA!!!

HAD 80 SETLINES SET ON THE LOWER GREEN RIVER ONE YEAR!!!

GOT UP THE NEXT MORNING & WE HAD 78 ILEGAL FISH HOOKED!!!

NEVER DONE SO MUCH MOUTH TO MOUTH RECESSITATION IN MY LIFE!!!

I SWEAR TO GAWD,WE SHOULDA COOOKED THEM SHRIMP INSTEAD OF PUTTING THEM ON HOOKS!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Bess - I've heard that them Humpback Chub taste like a cross between Dolphin and Blue Whale - what do you think?

Larry - one of my grandfathers was a fly fisherman the other a trotliner - so I got the best of both worlds running in my blood! My Grandpa Ted showed me how to run a trot line once when I was a little kid, and I have read up on it some - can do it if I need to for sure - but have not had the opportunity to do it too much since then. If I enjoyed eating fish as much as I do watching them swim away, it would be a great way to do it!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Maybe bob'cats?

Larry, what's the difference between a trot'line and a throw'line? This wine sippin' Kali boy wants to know.

Thanks, sir!

Eel

lar,

Only problem here is the Colorado River is full of Squawfish, humbacked chub, and whole bunch of other 'endangered' suckers.

You could get into some big trouble along with ol bess running one of those around here. The other problem is that's just about our only water...

Bean

HEY BeanMan!!!

WANNA GO FISHIN WITH ME???

LOL!!!

Larry!!!

THESE ARE CHANNEL CATS!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Eel...a trot'ine is tied at both ends,
where a throw'line is just one.

Bean..can you sein some of those littl fish
for me...they'd make Great bait on my throw-lines.

Lesgo....every summer in the Leon River...
28 pounder one day last....Phone Company
bid'ness at it's best. whirr'rrr'rrr'rrr''Splash

lrv

Set many a trotline in my days down in Arkansas and louisiana. We use to bait them with cut bait and goldfish..

BUT

The most fun was Hoop nets in the Red River, caught the heck out of soft shell turtles and Drum...

And I can believe Im saying this but....ran a few 2in gill nets on the Red as well....them damn Aligator Gars tear the hell out of them when they get in them, you definatly know you have one in the net when they hit them.

Then there was the time we caught a 3ft aligator and I had to jump in the river to get it out...but thats anouther story.

So, I grew up in California.

When I was in the Navy, I went to Oklahoma with a friend who lived there and we stayed a week.

He was a Cherokee and lived on the res. We set this really long trot line with HUGE hooks and shiners.

Came back that evening and started pulling the line into the boat and removing fish and rebaiting the hooks.

I start to pull up one hook and there is a lot of weight on it, so I am thinking a huge bass.

It's a snapping turtle and I never envisioned that anything that ugly lived on this earth.

Tom told me to cut the leader and let it go. It had this huge hook in it's mouth and I felt bad, so I pull this 20 pound turtle into the boat.

Wrong!

You wouldn't believe the damage it did to the boat oar I was using for self defense, before Tom could throw it over the side.

.....yeah, I been on a trot line fishing trip.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom