Any Sheep Yet?

H

HuntAddiction

Just wondering if anyone knows of rams being killed this year? The Desert Bighorns hunts have been going for a month here in Utah and it doesn't seem like there have been any posts showing rams like last year. I would love to see some pix and hear some stories.

HuntAddiction.
I have some photos of a desert ram that my 27 year old daughter harvested in Utah. My problem is I'm web challenged! (I will try to post them on this site when I can figure it out)
If you send a email note to me (or just wait til I get time to post)I will email her story and some pix to you. I hope this is Kosher since today is the first day that I have registered on this site.
[email protected]

Congrats Mort ! Can't wait to see the photos. Anyone hear if ICMDEER [ Jim ] got one ?

Zeke,

Sorry, but I am clueless about posting pix. But I'm thrilled to hear about your daughters successful hunt. Can't wait to see pix, so hopefully someone can help.

Mort, Congrats! I'm excited to hear your story and see some rams.

There is just nothing that compares to a successful sheep hunt. I still haven't come down from killing my ram 2 years ago. Funnest thing I've ever done. Hearing other people's stories help to fill the huge hole I feel about not being able to do it every year.

My son also scored on his desert yesterday, after battling terrible weather conditions and swine flu, but I am like Zeke! Totally web challenged and proud of it!

Zeke, you can't post Jessica's ram anyway, because all others will then look like dinks! LOL

JK
I love to see all rams!

Dear Littlebighorn and anyone else who cares. Thanks for the kind words about my daughter's ram. She is VERY happy.

I have seen a couple pix of your son's desert ram. It's a STUD.
After 14 days in the desert, 3 of which were with you, It's the 2nd best ram I have personally seen! Great class IV ram and as good as they come!
I will back you up on the crappy weather and the fact that your son (great young man and experienced hunter) was VERY sick! I was there.
Congratulations to him for his fortitude!

I will figure out how to post the pix and give you a call.
BTW: are we caping tonight? Just text or call and I'm in.

Zeke

Send me the pictures and I will post them up tomorrow morning. I drew the Escalante this year, had to turn my tag back due to an injury. Maybe next year...... tj

ttj;
I would love to have you post them. Email me at [email protected] and I will send the originals or the resized ones. I will send along a breif story.
I resized and sent them to MonsterMuleys to post in their photo section but I'm sure they are busy (hunting I hope).
I need to hear more about your injury, not to rub it in but to sympathize for missing the hunt this year.
How many points? Will you draw next year? Will you hunt unguided or hire one of the powerhouse guys to assist. It's a nasty but tasty unit I guess. My cousin drew a few years ago and took an OLD ram scoring almost 150". It's a Beautiful old ram to be sure. He's now a "slammer" or "full curl" and would hire a guide all over again. Just a thought, no connections!
Good luck!
Zeke
BTW; I just saw son of littlebighorn's ram up close and in person. Beautiful ram, great guys.

Here's a picture of my Grand Slam Ram. Taken on the first day of the hunt on the Nine Mile unit. We spent the day hiking to hell and back before finding this ram on the way out just before dark. Great hunt with great friends.

4af44db21d41e33c.jpg

Congratulations SheepFever! Harvesting a full curl of sheep is an awesome accomplishment that few will ever achieve! Beautiful ram.

ttj PM me as well and you can post my son's desert. Perhaps I could even start a new post and tell the story.

Thanks littlebighorn. I understand your son hunted his butt off. I met Zeke at a gas station on his way back from scouting last Friday and he mentioned your son had the flu. Glad to hear he was able to recover in time to finish his hunt. Pass a contgratulations on to him. The desert hunt has got to one of the tougher hunts in Utah. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Sheepfever; Congratulations on your super ram and your "Slam".
It was quite a fluke meeting you when you were on your way to a hunt and we were on our way from a hunt with son of littlebighorn. It was our pleasure to have met albeit breifly.

Huntaddiction; I finally got some pix posted of my daughter's ram. They are posted, along with a story, under the title "Desert Ram for Jessica".

Thanks to all for the support and the interest in Jess' hunt!

Zeke

Sheepfever,

Great job. Congrats on awesome ram. Absolutely beautiful. That's sweet you finished your slam. I'm jealous but hopeful that I'll get there some day. Tell us a little about your hunt. Range Creek is a wild, fun unit.

Well done.

Zeke, Little Bighorn and Sheepfever,

Although I've either spoken personally to each one of you in person, on the phone, or by email, I thought I should also post a personal congratulations to each one of you on this forum.
Zeke, your daughter Jessica took a fantastic ram and you're definitely now part of my extended sheep hunting family. I look forward to seeing you again and getting to know you even better.
Little Bighorn, you and your son worked your butts off but never gave up until Spencer took a great looking trophy. I really appreciate your dedication and perserverence.
Sheepfever, I've enjoyed the time we've spent together on the mountain the last too years a great deal. You made several great shots and the completion of your Full Curl last week with a beautiful rocky is a super achievement.
Great job guys. All three of you deserve a big pat on the back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom