Any Region D Deer Pictures /

Whiterock

Very Active Member
I usually hunt the northern part of Region D but did not make it there this year. Does anyone have any pictures to post from that unit?
the Shirley Mountain to Chalk Mountain area has been good to me over the years.

We hunted just West of those areas and we saw 7 does in 4 days of hunting......not one buck. We went 0-3 and the other group that we were on the same ranch we hunt went 1-4 on deer with the tag being filled with a small 3x3. The deer numbers were horrible. Usually we see a few small bucks a day. We didn't even see a buck. I hope they cut tags like crazy the next year or two. I know that they've got some unseasonable rain and snow so far which hopefully will help out the drought situation. We've been hunting the Miracle Mile area for 20 years and this is the worst we've seen it. I'm not sure if we'll put in next year.

Too many tags= unhappy wife

The writing has been on the wall a while about mule deer in Region D. While a solution seems to be relatively complicated, a good start would be to kill less deer, which of course means less tags.

I am all for cutting tags or illiminateing them completely for a couple of years. I like hunting the area and willing to forfet hunting there for few years to let the herd rebuild.

I don't like it any more than you do. It's hard to justify resident general hunting there (I don't think many residents hunt that area).

We are able to hunt a lot of deeded and leased land....along with public. I don't think I've seen so few other hunters in this particular area before. We'll usually see somebody driving across the ranch that has lost their way or need to cross it to get to other BLM land. I saw two other hunters (together) the 4 days we hunted deer. I think the word is out as well.

Too many tags= unhappy wife

>I don't like it any more
>than you do. It's
>hard to justify resident general
>hunting there (I don't think
>many residents hunt that area).
>

Huh? If not many residents are hunting the area, then why would it matter if they're giving out general tags...

I suppose if that were the case then it wouldn't really. It's just a hunch, I have no way of knowing. Just the idea of unlimited tags and a very finite number of deer seems a bit crazy. I know most wyoming residents don't want less general tags, which is why the G&F has taken to shorting seasons and holding rifle seasons in early October, but sooner or later something has to give.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom