Any of you old timers recognize these arrows?

feddoc

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 10:15PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 10:14?PM (MST)

The tribal chief who gave them to me jokingly said that one set, I have 3, is poisoned...haha, I don't think he was joking.

000_0267.jpg

He also gave me this pipe and a spear, along with a wooden basket and two longbows. I'm afraid the spear burned up when my barn went...can't find it anywhere.

000_0264.jpg

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I hear those pipes make good duck calls...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I've known some hunters that could stand on their head in a pit blind and call in geese without using a call! :)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-10 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]Be careful where you use that Watermelon as bait. You'll be surprised what shows up!!

Yup, they are crossbows.

100_1126.jpg

100_1127.jpg

100_1128.jpg

>Cool stuff!!!.... Got any pictures of
>the bows?..... Terry

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

>Be careful where you use that
>Watermelon as bait. You'll be
>surprised what shows up!!

+1 I agree boz...

I hate it when I wake up in the morning and Barack Obama is President.

"The crossbow looks like something Eel would have used in his 40's."

Looks like something I'd like to build.... Is there a pin / dowel through the trigger or does the string tension hold it in place when it's cocked? ..... Terry

No pin or dowel; must be spring pressure.

>"The crossbow looks like something Eel
>would have used in his
>40's."
>
>Looks like something I'd like to
>build.... Is there a pin
>/ dowel through the trigger
>or does the string tension
>hold it in place when
>it's cocked? ..... Terry

I'm pretty sure both Eel and kilo used that type of crossbow back in '66.

1066 that is. It was a dark time in their lives.

Back in the day.....:) we used to use water melons when we were practicing for our turtle hunts! Some of the unethical hunters back then were taking shots out to 12 yards and longer!

Then I remember one year Running Bear (great great great grandfather to Fred Bear) tied a sharp rock to the end of his arrow. Bow hunting changed forever.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom