Any of you guys have a toy hauler?

I went and looked at trailers yesterday. Call the Trailer Hitch in Nipomo, Ca. The salesman I spoke with is Eric. Nice guy and knew his stuff. He told me they will beat any price in California. Would be worth a call...

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I have one...22ft much smaller than what your looking at....nice thing about toyhaulers is they have a much larger capicity water tank 100gals as well as waste system....some units you can only run the tv if the generator is running...i took that tv 110v out and purchased a 12v tv flat screen from trailer supply..spliced into the 12v wires so tv can be on with generator off.....places i hunt i could never get a trailer that big in there.....I also had a sling bracket made and mounted three big RV batteries #4wire under the trailer for extra 12v capicity.....put solar on the roof to keep batteries up while toyhauler is parked.....dialed in....

))))------->

Make sure you do exact measurements of your toys to be positive they will fit. Cargo space can vary greatly between brands, models and floor plans. If your machines won't fit you will be very disappointed! Ask me how I know ?

33ft'er would be very restrictive of where you could tow it safely and park it in mountain camp area's.

I too downsized to a 22ft'er that is right at 25ft. much much better and finding a camp spot is so easy now.

+1 on the Solar option--mine is movable to follow the sun as I like camping in the shade of Pines or Quakies.

Double check the height max of that 33 ft'er as many freeway overpasses might be to tight/short for it to clear---for sure many of the 2 lane older roads/bridge overpasses.

Robb

I bought the 30 ft Hyperlite By Forest River here in Southern Illinois. A 2016 model....I have no complaints about it yet. I pulled it to Colorado and hunted last fall and enjoyed the comfort a lot as opposed to a tent. I bought the Bumper hitch model and a good load equalizer hitch and it pulls well. You need a 3/4 ton to pull one this size especially for the braking requirements. Instead of most of a day setting up camp it now takes 45 minutes. We brought along 2 4 wheelers my old Honda 300 4trax is smaller than most modern quads and the other one was the newer bigger size. My Polaris 700 side by side does fit. I enjoy the camping aspect of hunting but the comfort and convenience lets this older man better enjoy the experience.
J_T_B

Hello 264
I have a GMC Sierra with the Duramax diesel.....Not sure about the rear end ratio but it has the trailer special pkg and is powerful. I am on my second one of these and have had very good luck. My son has the 2004 model that was my first one and at 180000 it is still going strong with many years of good service left. I like the way they drive.
J_T_B

I've only had one...

It's been some time ago...

7671redwagon.jpg

:)

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

We have a Desert Fox 24AS and tow with a F350. The 24AS is a bumper pull, 30' tip to tail. It tows nice and our Ranger XP900 fits.

Check out Cheyenne Camping Center. Their website is great and they have plenty of campers to choose from. Had my delivered to my door for $800.00.

>We have a Desert Fox 24AS
>and tow with a F350.
> The 24AS is a
>bumper pull, 30' tip to
>tail. It tows nice
>and our Ranger XP900 fits.
>

Them Desert Fox & Arctic Fox Trailers are Awesome!

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

>>We have a Desert Fox 24AS
>>and tow with a F350.
>> The 24AS is a
>>bumper pull, 30' tip to
>>tail. It tows nice
>>and our Ranger XP900 fits.
>>
>
>Them Desert Fox & Arctic Fox
>Trailers are Awesome!
>
Thanks, we sure like them! This is our third from Northwood.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the
>Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
>[/font]
>
>

I pull my toyhauler with a Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 3/4 ton gas rig and put leaf overloads on it. Plenty of power in that Hemi....I liked gas because most toyhaulers have a self enclosed 26gal independent filling station...the filling station also is piped directly to the generator. Its pretty convienient not to need to carry as many gas cans on a hunting trip. And i sure didn't want to carry seperate deisel just for the truck....

>I've only had one...
>
>It's been some time ago...
>
>.
>
>.
>
>
>
7671redwagon.jpg

>
>:)
>
>
>Joey
>

Me too brother, me too.
That's the only toy hauler that my wallet can handle right now.
Zeke

Try the RV section in the Craigslist inland empire section in Southern California.
they have a few listed.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom