Any metal workers?

feddoc

Long Time Member
I bought a bunch of metal. I have some 3/4" rebar, some 1" and some 1, 1 1/4 and 1 1/2" solid bar stock. Ive got uses for all of it. 20' sticks

Except the 2 1/2 stainless stuff. What good is it? I just don't see any practical uses.

bXsyQ6y.jpg

Pump sleeves, Shafts for motors or pumps. I work in a sugar factory and our machine shop turns stainless into several things

Too bad it is not S30V stainless steel. That darn knife steel runs me just over 3 dollars per inch with shipping added on.

RELH

Too bad it is not S30V stainless steel. That darn knife steel runs me just over 3 dollars per inch with shipping added on.

RELH

I have no idea on how to test it. I can send you a sample if you like.

It has 304L (low carbon 304??) stamped on the end of the round ones. 266788 stamped on the hexagonal bars.

Last edited:
Feddoc, It is not S30V. S30V is a knife steel that is made in flat sheets for knife makers by CPM steel mill who has the patent on S30V.

RELH

304L stainless steel
Featured snippet from the web
The stainless steel types 304 or 304L are also known as 18/8 stainless because of their chemical composition including approximately 18% chromium and 8% nickel by weight. They are widely used in the food and drink processing industries because they are easy to form and to weld and have a great resistance to corrosion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom