Any Master Hunters out there?

G

gunguy

Going through the class, just was wondering if any MM people in or. has a Master Hunter card.
Seems like a good idea to me, might just have a chance for a xtra tag ?

You can check it out on page 83 in the or. big game regs.
once you pass the class you can apply for some hunts for master hunters only, and get on a call out list for emergency hunts, and also a list for hunting on private land that is closed to public hunting.

So you get a special tag to shoot some does/cows out of some farmers field and you get a title of a master hunter AND you're posting this on a monster muley forumn? No thanks

I have been for 9 years...when I was first called to do a cow hunt, I got there and never even seen sign of elk! The rancher swor they had been there! After that only a few requests have come in. really NO benefit at all.

that is the first time I've ever admitted on here being...a "master hunter"! LOL

muleyman

Thats kinda what i'm thinking, is it worth going through the class, if all you get for your efforts is a doe/cow tag?

sure! Then you will b a "master hunter!"...

no not really. Most land owners that get the tags, give them to family and friends. We do anyways.

muleyman

It's cool that ya do that muleyman!
Besides! Does and cows are real good tasting. Especially for a youngster, that just got their first one!

I was going to to it. Got the paper work did the volunteer stuff, Decided not to finish after hear some of the storey's from other sites.

I went through the course several years ago. The Master Hunters get to go to the top of the list for emergency hunts and I was drawn one year for a cow elk hunt. That is on top of my general archery elk tag; which would mean 2 elk tags in Oregon. The hunt was on timber company land and I got a cow with a rifle the first day. There was only one other tag holder and I never saw him. I have also been drawn for an emergency turkey damage hunt.

A good thing here on the westside of Oregon is that there is a timber company that is making some of their tracts of land only open to Master Hunters. I like having less pressure from the public while hunting. I think Oregon may even see more places and properties switching over to this. It may be a very very small percent of land, but will really limit the pressure off some hunters and game. I have also used my Master Hunter and International Bowhunter cards to help me get on several pieces of private land. If a person is willing to work hard enough; anything is possible. Good luck to all this season.

WOW! You mean I get to call myself a "master hunter" and go on a mighty doe or cow hunt. I just can't contain myself! I am so excited! Where do I start? Geezus! Bet that's a hunt to brag about! :7 Can't wait to tell that hunting story.

Back
Top Bottom