ANY GM DIRTY-MAX MECHANICS???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Where TF is the Ambient Air Temp Sensor on a 2008 Chevy DIRTY-MAX 2500HD?

Should be up Front of the Radiator Somewhere?

I Don't see the SOB?

That Means it Ain't gonna be Easy!

Can't Find much on Youtube on a 2008!

Thanks in advance!

And Yes I Do Have KEROSENE & A Match!:D

Did you pull front grill? About half way down.

Possibly on end of A support on tranny cooler

I've Looked through Every Crack/Hole trying to see it or the Wire going to it & I Don't see SQUAT!

A CHEAP 5.00 Sensor that the GM Garage is Gonna Rape You to Replace it!

Did you pull front grill? About half way down

Pull the grill and start searching for the wire harness. Should come from drivers side. Bifocals are cheap. LoL. Them dirty maxes are pretty crowded

Do They make QUAD-FOCALS?:D

Got in an Argument with a Guy earlier today!

Tried Telling me that Round Sensor on the Front/Middle of the Dashboard was it!

I Called BS!

That's an Ambient Light Sensor!

1. Preliminary Procedure
  2. Remove the top portion of the grill and gently pull forward. Refer to Radiator Grille Replacement (Chevrolet)Radiator Grille Replacement (GMC)Radiator Grille Replacement (Chevrolet HD)Radiator Grille Replacement (GMC HD).
  3. Disconnect ambient air sensor electrical connector.
1​
Ambient Air Sensor

Procedure
Carefully lift ambient air sensor from the radiator support.

Tip:
Vehicles with automatic HVAC, use the ambient air sensor located on the right side of the radiator support.

Notta!

Got a Sensor Ordered!

SOB is Hid I can Tell you that!

Several Hour Tear Down to Replace a 9.00 Sensor!

And If GM OEM is Only Charging 9.00 for it.......................!

You Know it's a 3.00 item!

CHEAP BUILT SOB!

Did you find it yet Ray charles ?

You Boys Still Don't Get It!

This Ain't a F'N Sensor that reads outside Temp on the Dash!

This Sensor is Tied in to the Air Conditioner System!

When The Outside Ambient Air Temp drops to 40 Degrees or Lower,The A/C will Not come on/Engage the A/C Compressor!

My Sensor is Sending a -15 Degree Signal Back to the F'N PUTER!

(((Maybe the F'R has Still got Some Basin Ice in it?":D)))

So My A/C Compressor will NOT Engage!

Gettin Close to Be Kickin the A/C on!:D

We told ya where it is. I understand its hard to tell a utard something but ya need to look harder

You Can't See it on this Vehicle nfh without tearing the Front End apart, be-F'N-lieve Me!

I'll Find it!

I Might be a Blind Bastard!

But Without some Dis-assembly You Can't see it either!

We told ya where it is. I understand its hard to tell a utard something but ya need to look harder

it is the same sensor that gives you the reading in the cab......does it say -15 there??

....and...everytime you run your defroster the compressor kicks on to keep it lubed in the winter......

Hey Bess, you mean the front end in that old Duraslack hasn't fallen apart yet?
Remember Stinkies brand new on that fell apart on the mountain and he left it there for the dealership to come and take it back??

My Work Truck Does Not Show the Outside Temp inside the Cab!

Study Up!

When the GM Truck senses 40 Degrees or Colder,The AC Compressor Does Not Engage!

Now a KALI Truck Might Operate a little Different!

I Agree the AC Compressor does kick in & Out When the Defroster is on,UNTIL It gets 40 Degrees or Lower & The Ambient Temp Sensor Shuts it Down!

it is the same sensor that gives you the reading in the cab......does it say -15 there??

....and...everytime you run your defroster the compressor kicks on to keep it lubed in the winter......

Yes PUNK!

I Do Remember!

He Could Destroy a DENALI Pick-Up in Short Order!

If You wanna See Somebody that HATES GM Products that'd be StinkyStomper!

Hey Bess, you mean the front end in that old Duraslack hasn't fallen apart yet?
Remember Stinkies brand new on that fell apart on the mountain and he left it there for the dealership to come and take it back??

Well Homer!

You Ever Plugged a Scanner in to one of These Newer Electronic Wonders We All Drive?

No,You won't find the issue on one of O'Reileys or Auto-Zones CHEAPO Scanners!

And No,I Don't have a 80K Scanner/Computer Like the Dealers Have!

With it sending a -15 reading back to the Computer the AC Compressor is NOT Going to Engage!

(((Be-F'N-lieve Me!)))

No,I'm not saying that's the only Problem!

Let's take a 9.00 Sensor & Build a F'N Truck around it!

so....how do you know it is reading -15?

Well Homer!

You Ever Plugged a Scanner in to one of These Newer Electronic Wonders We All Drive?

No,You won't find the issue on one of O'Reileys or Auto-Zones CHEAPO Scanners!

And No,I Don't have a 80K Scanner/Computer Like the Dealers Have!

With it sending a -15 reading back to the Computer the AC Compressor is NOT Going to Engage!

(((Be-F'N-lieve Me!)))

No,I'm not saying that's the only Problem!

Let's take a 9.00 Sensor & Build a F'N Truck around it!

and if ya had the cummins it would tell ya the codes on the dash instead of using that cheap oreilly.

For my cummins I run a smarty tuner for performance. Not only does it give ya the code but it describes the code and the issue. I exceed rail pressure on a daily basis so I clear the code a lot.

The GM Dealer Ordered Me the Ambient Air Temp Sensor Using the VIN Number for Look-Up!

So You Take it that it Does Have One,You Just gotta Find it!

Well Guess What?

This Truck Does Not Have One!

But Why Then does the Computer say it's saying -15 Degrees?

I've Replaced Them on other GM Trucks & they're usually close to where Desperatehills Pic Shows it,either on the Angled Support Bar or down through the Bottom Support Bar!

So Mechanic Eel's Post was the Best Advice:

You can't replace what you can't see.

Maybe that's why it's not working because it's not there.

And Homer was Right as Well:

I don't think that is going to fix it.....

Ya,GM Dealer Sell's Me A Part that Doesn't Exist on the Truck!

Go Ahead!

Cal Me Ray Charles again!:D:D:D

Alright Ray charles. A lot of those GM's would leave the wiring harness near and zip tied up. With no sensor it.

Ok i have a solution. Go 80 mph. Jump it off a bridge
Be sure you jump out. Cause of crash Coronavirus. The media will soak that story up.

Hey BlueHair!

It Ain't There To Replace!

And If You Keep Talkin China TRASH about GM Homer's gonna come UN-DONE!

No it does not!

But the GM Garage said the part was the Right Part and on the Front of the Truck!

I've Replaced a few of them Before!

And They Usually Ain't Hard to Find!

-15 could be the reading when the sensor is unplugged. Low or open resistance would be your low temp, if the connector was shorted it would be the high limit. If the truck doesn't use the sensor then the ECM would ignore the -15 reading. Backing up the bus a bit the original complaint is no A/C? Have you checked the basics? #1 check system pressure to verify the low pressure cut off switch is not shutting down the system. If pressure is good verify power to the compressor, if good verify ground. Does your scan tool show A/C request? If no, go to the relay and verify request voltage.

I will look up the temp sensor on Identifix and see what I come up with

Customer Concern:The A/C compressor will not engage. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) indicates the A/C Request is No. The system has been charged. If the relay is bypassed, the compressor will operate.
Average Reported Mileage:180863
Tests/Procedures:1. Check the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) control module for DTC's.

2. Check the A/C Request in the HVAC Data.

3. If the request is Yes, check the A/C Permission.

4. If the permission is 'Withheld', check the A/C low pressure switch.

5. If Open is indicated, disconnect the low pressure switch and short the Dk Blue wire to the Black/White wire.

6. Recheck the scanner, if still 'Open' check for voltage on the Dk Blue wire. It should be 10+ volts.

7. If no voltage is present, check the Dk Blue wire at pin 6 in the X2 connector at the HVAC control module.

8. If voltage is present, repair the open circuit to the low pressure switch. The circuit goes through connector X109 at pin C12.

Customer Concern:The outside temperature display is incorrect at times. The outside air temperature display wont increase from a cold temperature to a warm temperature when brought into the warmer garage.
Average Reported Mileage:85154
Tests/Procedures:1. Perform an Instant Update of the Ambient Temperature Sensor. Press and hold the Recirc button and the A/C button on the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Head at the same time. Or use a scan tool in special function mode and select instant OST update.

2. If the value updates and is accurate, do not replace the ambient air temperature sensor. This may be normal. See tech tips.
Tech Tips:The A/C compressor is disabled in temperatures below 2 degrees Celsius (36 degrees Fahrenheit). The HVAC module will not update to the actual ambient temperature if it is warmer since the last key cycle unless the key has been off for at least 2.5 hours. The temperature display is always allowed to update quickly when the ambient temperature is getting colder while driving, but the display takes much longer to update when the temperature is getting warmer. This prevents false updates to the temperature display while driving in slow, or stop and go traffic in hot weather.

I ran it through IATN and didn't have much luck. You are not the first one to struggle with this. Looks like some models used a evap core temp sensor and no ambient air temp sensor. Also found some of the ambient temp sensors were not on the core support but behind the right turn signal. PM me the last eight of the VIN number and I will see what else I can find.

I remember the days when all you needed was a set of points and spark plugs and you were good to go. Maybe a screw driver to adjust the carburetor. ?

Buy a FORD a new 250 Heavy Duty Diesel with the 6.7

I rather push a ford than drive a GM just saying....LOL

I'm with Eel I rebuilt my 1979 CJ-7 and it is going to be my retirement truck. Carb, points, adjust it with a screw driver and know what you are doing.

But Homer said He'd Rather Walk!

So if you ever See Him Walking..................................!:D

Buy a FORD a new 250 Heavy Duty Diesel with the 6.7

I rather push a ford than drive a GM just saying....LOL

I'm with Eel I rebuilt my 1979 CJ-7 and it is going to be my retirement truck. Carb, points, adjust it with a screw driver and know what you are doing.

Don't worry about His Short Gun!

The Bullets are Protruding in to the Snub Nose Barrel and it JAMS!:D

Is he going to carrying his hog pistol with him? He'll like the ride with air conditioned seats full reclining what comfort. he'll change his mind.....

Besssssy I'm still waiting for you to PM your name and address so I can send you those emblems. Or I can send you a pic of a dirty crack.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom