Any Ford Mechanics?

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
My 06' F-250 started having power surges at cruising rpm...If I kept the rpm above 2000 is ran fine...I took it to the dealer yesterday and he said it was most likely a ICP ...He called me later that day and confirmed that there was oil in the sensor so the replaced the ICP and the harness...

Today he called and said they are still having problems with the truck so they pulled the IPR and said that the screen was pushed in like something has gone through the system? (I have no idea what that means).. He then said he wanted to take a look at the HPOP while it was that far torn down (said they had to pull the turbo off to get to the IPR)...

I'm worried about spending money I dont have... He said that just to replace the ICP was gonna cost me $600 and now just the cost of the IPR is $300..

So now I'm looking at $900 + labor...And that is if everything is ok with the HPOP..

Does this sound like I'm getting screwed...looking for a little help please...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Tell him not to give you abbreviations. Aya could fix it up for ya real cheap!

My buddy josh's duramax was surging like that. He changed the mass air flow sensor and it took care of the problem.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

The problem is circled right on the front of your grille, and again on the tailgate. Just saying.

>The problem is circled right on
>the front of your grille,
>and again on the tailgate.
> Just saying.

lmmfao.....he's right snort

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

SNORT...you should know better than to ask for help here on MM as you won't get any good advice from these "friends".

But the above poster was correct: fix or repair daily!!!!!!!

Brian
http://i48.tinypic.com/238eb6.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo, you are right...on both accounts...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Don't feel bad Snort...at least you can hold your head high knowing it is not an Obama Motors vehicle.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

lol...true

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-10 AT 01:15AM (MST)[p]Bucksnort;

I hope your ford does not have the 6.0 diesel engine. My son had the same problem, power surges, and it involved the turbo overheating due to lack of suffcient oil. Three blown turbos later and now finding metal particles in the oil supply to the turbo, the Ford dealership mechanic told him to dump it while it is fixed and before it blows again.
He is fighting ford over the "Lemon law" due to their failure to properly fix it on three occasions while under warranty. The mechanic told him to dump it after the fourth repair after it was out of warranty and about 40,000 miles on it.

If you do have the 6.0 engine, now you know why ford dumped that engine after just a few years and now have the 6.3 to replace it. I love my 7.3, and you could not give me a 6.0.

P.S. There is a Ford truck forum web site that may give you better information then the members here can.

RELH

RELH,

I do have the 6.0.... With all of the crap I have gone through with this truck I may never buy another Ford again... Aside from the engine problems my truck has what is refered to as "death wobble"...Severe front end shake that sometimes kicks in from about 40-50 mph... It feels like the front end is gonna fall out from under the truck.. You would have to witness it to understand why they call it the death wobble...

I have had it in the shop at least 20 times for the wobble...They have replaced over $1000 worth of parts and still no fix..Ford knows they have the problem but seem to cover it up...

As far as the engine problem I just hope it's not gonna be too expensive...I wish I could work on it myself like the older vehicles...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-10 AT 08:15AM (MST)[p]Snort go over to the www.powerstrokeforum and you can look at the different diesels by engine to see what issues they have been having. You may actually see some more posts that will give you some better idea about what may be going on. RELH is correct in that the 7.3 was the best one of the bunch and hopefully their new one will be as good. Hope you get it worked out

bucksnort;

Yes ford will try to cover it up. On the third warranty repair on my son's truck, they flew out a trouble shooter from the plant to the local shop to check out the problem.

Later it was discovered that he failed to tell the local mechanics about a problem involving the turbo oil suppy that caused the turbo to burn out and the ford plant had issued a warning memo on this problem.

When My son took the truck to a different ford dealership for the non warranty repair, he found out about it via the mechanic at that dealership who had far more extensive training with Ford diesels and had received the warning memo that stated the problem was very common in the 6.0 engine. You may need to check and see if your state has a lemon law where you might have a chance to recoup some or all money spent on that truck. You may be able to get a new truck if you are persistant and fight them.

RELH

RELH,

Thanks for the input...I appreciate it...I dunno if mine will qualify for the lemon law...My problems happend after the warranty's...My cousin has sent me some links about it and I will look into it...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom