Any decent chukar hunting in Washington?

E

Earth_Pig

I have hunted Oregon and found decent chukar hunting but have been un-able to find any good hunting in Washington. I would like to hunt my home state of Washington and avoid Non-res fees. Thanks in advance for any help...Ken

[email protected]

Ken, there is plenty of good chukar hunting in Washington. Check into areas along the Columbia River in Kittitas, Grant, Douglas, and Chelan counties. I would say that is where the majority of the chukar are in this state. Another area that is probably even better and probably with less hunting pressure would be in Asotion county in the southeast corner of the state, first place to try would be along the Grand Ronde River, and I believe there is quite a bit of public land over there. The other popular area is the Yakima River Canyon between Yakima and Ellensburg. I avoid this area as I believe it is a little too well known and gets hunted pretty hard, but it may be worth a try depending on where you live. Hope this helps. You may also want to try calling the Department of Fish and Wildlife and talk to a biologist, I would call either the Yakima office or the Wenatchee office. I am sure they could give you some good information on places to try.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom