Any classic car guys here?

H

huntindude

Any classic car guys here?

I'm a car nut but I find most car guys only care about cars and not much more. any other hunters into cars too?

I'm into '64-72 muscle cars myself but I like any of the old cars. I restore a car about ever two years and end up selling it to buy my next project, I don't really make any money at it but I enjoy it and get to own some of the cars I always wanted. I do everthing myself except the paint, I'm just not good enough for my standards. I'm finishing a '67 GTO this winter, my never sell car is my '70 Challenger R/T SE 440 4 spd, someday I'll learn to post pictures.

Anyone else ?

RE: Any classic car guys here?

I thought your hobby was trying to drive us conservatives crazy.

Seriously though. I fixed up a 57 chevy when i was younger. My Mom was the original owner and it had a straight 6 and 3 on the tree and i ruined it by putting in a 327, 12 bolt posi, and 4 speed trans.
Thought i learned my lesson, but, about 3 years ago i restored a 76 Jeep CJ7. I lost my A$$ on that also. Hopefully it is another 20 years before i do it again.

Good taste dude, those late 60s early 70s Mopar cars are awesome. Get some pics of that challenger up. My little bro fixed up this nova his senior year in high school. He gets home from his mission on wednesday, he's pumped to drive it again.
nova1.jpg

Andy
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

Hey, a guy hasta stay deversified!
I love the cars from that era too!
I'm hoping I can do my '69 chevelle through the comming year. Every time I think I can start spending money/time on it, I get kicked in the financial 'nads!
I can hear some people saying "...yea, but you can always find $$ for another new rifle!" ;-)

Yeah Dude I love em!! I sold my 62 Ford T-Bird Covertible Roadster a couple of years ago. Working for the railroad keeps me tied up most of the time and I just haven't gotten around to starting another project car yet. I am considering another T-Bird if I do. I made a few $$ profit when I did sell. 61, 62 and 63 T-birds that are restored properly really bring in the $$.

JUDAS FRICKEN PRIEST!!!

JUDAS PRIEST!!!

I'M AMAZED!!!

A THREAD FROM dude THAT AIN'T POLITICS!!!

YA!!!

THE OLD MUSCLE CARS ARE THE ONES I LIKE ALSO!!!

LETS KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN & YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I'm more into old trucks than cars my current and only restored truck is a 54 international flat head six and three on the tree in only goes about 55 down hill with a good tail wind but it will pull any stump outta the ground. It has the classic lines and just plain captures the spirit of the post war era.
Driftersifter

Had a 68 Chevelle SS 396 in High School. Decided to buy a house years ago and put it up for sale. Parents couldn't stand to see it go so bought it from me for $2800 in 93. Its restored now and still sits in there garage. They take it to 5 or 6 car shows a year and that is about it.

Muscle cars are no doubt my favorite. Dude, I would like to see some pic's of your cars. I will try to get a pic up.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-07 AT 07:25PM (MST)[p]I've got a really cool '66 conv. Corvette with a 427. If I ever uncover it for a drive sometime I'll post a pic. Of course it's red with a black top and black leather. Wicked fast for a 40 year old car.

JB

PS- it's really a death trap.

Great sounding stuff.

I can see where this stuff would get Addictive as hell.

Do some pic's dude.

A guy that's smart enough to rebuild a badazz car, can
post some pic's.

I'm not smart enough to do either.

Look forward to it.......

lv

Brian, next time we'll take that car antelope hunting, and really go in style! How does it do in the mud? LOL!

D-Cup, is your vette fuel injected? I know some '66 427's had fuel injection. I used to race one in my '65 GTO here in town.

Eel

A '66 427 vette? you're kidding right? other than a '69 Yenko or COPO Camaro 66-67 427 vettes are about the cream of the crop for Chevy.

kilowatt, nice ride, some street rods are over the top for my taste but that one has class.

I'm trying to get a picture of my Mopar on, but it says
I have too large of file or something. I'll try to get my wife to downsize it or whatever you do.

huntindude's 1970 Challenger R/T SE440 4spd. The pics speak for themselves!

46ffbc610ace68d2.jpg

46ffbc910b6e4798.jpg

46ffbcba0bb83396.jpg

46ffbce00c0a38d2.jpg

Dude, if I'm not mistaken that's a restored vinyl top? Great job!

Eel

Thanks much for the help Eel, yes the car has been fully restored to original, except the tires and a few things like that. the paint, upholstery and the top were done by a pro, since it's an SE car the rear window and vinyl top are different than most Challengers. have you seem the new'08 Challenger? the '70 is what they patterned it off of, you can see the simliarity pretty easy.

Dude

I don't currently own a muscle car. I did rebuild a 66 chevelle SS years back but had to sell it for more important needs. But not to be left out I found a photo of the General Lee and posted it so as to not disappoint you. LOL
AND by the way the general surrendered to save the lifes of his remaining men. Robert The Bruce once said live to fight another day, I'm still waiting. Ha Hah.

Ransom

46ffc7bc2a5c1a35.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-07 AT 01:04PM (MST)[p]Those are some slick cars, guys. Here's my '69 Nova SS. Not as nice as the others posted, but give me a few years.

9896DSCF0199.JPG

1830DSCF0198.JPG

506DSCF0209.JPG

Looks like a strait solid project. I'll take about any problem except major rust, I run from that screaming like my teeth are on fire.

Going to stay a small block or get a big block in it?

The metal is real good shape. The interior is pretty ratty, but its all getting ripped out and replaced with modern stuff anyway. I'm going a route that a lot of people think is sacrilegious for a muscle car, but its my car and my money so I'm building it the way I want it. Its getting a twin turbo, fuel injected 377. I might go with some more cubes just for the hell of it.

Originally I was just going to by a C5 Vette and drop the Nova body on it, but a buddy is building a '70 Camaro with the goal of competing against Ferrari's. He's one of those people that I don't doubt when he says he's going to do something. He said I could copy his drivetrain and suspension once he gets it perfected.

Dude,

I really like restored "stock" cars. Unfortunately, many people
never replace the vinyl top. I really like the look

Actually I'm not a vinyl top fan myself, but on an SE model there's a filler panel that holds the smaller rear window, so the top covers all that up. all SE cars had vinyl tops because of it, but they also had leather and more trim too so it's ok. plus SE cars are rare, R/T SE cars are even more scarce. besides like you say the more original the better to me.

264, SS cars are getting harder to come by are you going full resto mod or just the drive train upgrades? I'd think hard about keeping everything else original so you could go back stock later if you want. but it comes down to whatever you like, it's all good.

Wow... very nice 'Dude!
Here's a pic of my old iron-in-waiting.
My first car.
325hp '96, M22, 14 bolt, still #'s matching.
I otta have my arse kicked fer lett'n her sit.

470094f33e1bbaca.jpg

Put my automotive time 'an effort into jeeps... what a waist!

4700976c41ee8f46.jpg

470097924225a817.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom