Any Bull Units

RabidRattleSnake1

I struck out again in my home state of NM for elk and I am looking for advice on UT. Are the "Any bull" units ok for archery? I am really wanting to elk hunt after going 3 years in a row without a tag. I am only really interested in a bow hunt. Any advice would be appreciated.

It is a really tough hunt but can pay off if your willing to put in a LOT of time. It would definitely be better than going without a tag.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

RRS1,,If I were you, I would look at Colorado before considering
Utah general elk..

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Plan on not getting one the first couple years.. People do get lucky but not often on their first try.. Its always fun to go though..

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

it is a very hard hunt like posted above. it has taken me quit a few years to get where i consistently see elk on the open bull units. but it has paid off pretty well over the last few years. 3 bulls in the last five years. i would also look into colorado elk hunting plain and simple there is alot more animals and area.good luck

+1, if you're out of NM, Colorado is where you should be looking. UT general units are nothing like UT limited entry units. You can find everything and more in Colorado compared to what a utah general could offer.

If that is the case I am probably just going to skip another year of elk hunting. CO is a zoo. Been there done that. Way to many guys from Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia and other southern states tearing up every dirt road with quads. Hell I was back packing in 2 miles into the wilderness and had 4 guys pass me on dirt bikes! I asked if they saw the "no motorized vehicles" sign and they said no. I doubt they could read. Not that it doesn't happen in other states, but it seems CO attracts really bad people. Feel sorry for the resident hunters. Maybe there will be some left over UT deer tags come July that will work. Thanks for the input guys.

If you just want to hunt elk and see some big bulls, you could try a spike/cow hunt on a limited entry unit in Utah. You obviously can't shoot a big bull, but you will surely have chances at cows or a spike in almost any spike/cow unit. Just another option.

you mean with all the nr tags stolen from us you still didnt draw NM elk!? geez. ha anyway utah gen archery is very hard and even harder for a NR that does not not the area. Coloroado is your best bet!

Yup. 3 years in a row not drawing a unit that has 30% - 40% draw odds. Talk about being unlucky. Missed out on barbary 2 years in a row (50% draw odds). Missed deer this year, don't know how that happended. My last choice is nearly a 100% draw, missed out on ibex with a bow. Didn't draw antelope with a bow as well. No suprise on not drawing the antelope in that almost all the rifle tags go to landowners so more and more guys putting in for the few bow tags. All I drew is stink pig...

Pm sent

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom