Any bugling??

PerezA

Anybody hearing any bugles yet?? Nice storm front rolled in over my unit and should stay till the opener on Sunday, I’m heading up Thursday after work to pull cameras, pack in and finalize where I’ll be for the opener. The anticipation is killing me and I can’t believe September is almost here.

Last year in unit 34 , they were fired up opening weekend of archery. Then was quiet for a couple weeks then got hot again end of September. I know the rut action can differ from year to year. Good luck to all the archery hunters, I’m jealous wish I was chasing bugles down there.

Ya I have been in unit 15 for three years straight for the first hunt for myself and for friends hunts and it seems like we never had an issue find bulls bugling early in the season. We have always had a blast in that unit, this year I’ll be on the other side of the state solo while my other buddies will be back in 15. I am hoping to hear my first bugle of the year this evening. Best of luck to all, be safe and have fun.

The daytime temp at 8,500' in 6A is calling for a 70 deg high and has been low 70's all week.

My brother has a tag this year there for first archery. We went in and hung a stand over a spring (and wallow) a couple of weeks ago.

I miss hunting 6A.

IMG_2142.png
IMG_2145.png
IMG_2146.png

This guy was cranking all night and this morning till 10. Chasing cows and chasing off smaller bulls. Good enough for me

I find it interesting that new mexico seems to get some rutting action every year at the end of August/first week of september and then it slows down till end of September.

Utah and Wyoming seem to get almost no rutting action till 2nd week of September and then it builds from there.

Good luck to all hunting. I am helping my brother September 7-14 here in Utah.

I find it interesting that new mexico seems to get some rutting action every year at the end of August/first week of september and then it slows down till end of September.

Utah and Wyoming seem to get almost no rutting action till 2nd week of September and then it builds from there.

Good luck to all hunting. I am helping my brother September 7-14 here in Utah.
They’re Chicano bulls! Can’t keep it in their pants 🤣

😂 At first glance I thought you said Chicago Bulls. They couldn’t keep it in there pants either, remember Dennis Rodman played for them in the 90’s. But he had Carmen Electra back then and was rutting hard, wallowing and pissin all over himself 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Will miss the first two days because I have to work through Sunday night, only had so much vacation. But will be hunting by the 3rd until the end on the 14th then it is off to NV to start there on the 17th for another archery elk rut hunt until the end of the month. Going to be an amazing month, not going to want to return to reality. A cold rain really seems to get them going if has been dry for a day or two. Two years ago on the 6th or 7th it had been quiet and then it hailed for about 15 minutes mid afternoon and the woods lit up with bugles.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom