Any book lovers?

Zigga

Long Time Member
I have acquired more books than I can possibly store. Books of all kinds. What do you do with a few thousand books including encyclopedia's, medical, legal etc.? Some are really old. I have no use for them but don't want to just throw them in the dumpster. Any suggestions?

E-bay? Or maybe find an old book dealer and trade some of them for books you have not read. I've got a ton of them myself, starting to run out of room. My wife and I lay in bed and read every night before bed, it's very relaxing after a long day at the office.

Half-Price Books will buy them from you! You may not get a lot for them but you will get something and they will not throw them away!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I would say the same thing. There are a couple of used book stores where I live and they will buy them from you. You don't get much but at least its somthin and you know you are giving someone else the joy you once had in reading them.

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

I have the same type of deal, only i ended up with all my books when my step dad passed away. I have all these old narrow guage railroad books i don't know what to do with, they go clear back into the 50's!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

What is this thing you speak of....a book? Never heard of such a thing.

PRO

Good will.

horsepoop.gif

Nothing like a good old fashioned book burning......do it on halloween night and dress up like puritans.

JB

Halloween bonfire sounds good too me, can i toss in a few cat's and call it a ritual sacrifice...i have 12 i need to get rid of.

On second thought, let's toss in the mother as well, she's obviously the neighborhood tramp.x(

(be quiet Jenn...i don't need your input on this one!!)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

No Louis.....but i DO have a VERY rare one worth a lot of money called "Foot Prints In The Wilderness".

But it's not for sale ;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

You can check with local churches. We have taken many to third world countries such as Kenya Africa. We had a large missions team going and we each added a couple into our luggage. Some of those children have never seen a book so having even an old set of encyclopedias would greatly enhance their knowledge. Just my thoughts.
Marc

I have several hundred books. The only ones I keep are Tom Clancy, Louis L'Amour, and good true biographies about time serving our country. The rest go to Good Will. My suggestions of good reads are "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell, "SOG" by John Plaster, and "Reflections of a Warrior" by Franklin D. Miller. All great reads.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom