any book cliffs bulls taken yet?

B

bowhuntinDB

It's been challenging for me to find good bulls so far. I finally found this guy and one bigger. I'm goin back this weekend to look for 'em. I've found several herds of cows. Hopefully I'll be able to put a spot and stock on a good bull, or have things start to pick up with the pre-rut. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

978720150815185952.jpg

I to would like to know how the archery hunt is on the Books. I have a muzzy tag and have only locate one shooter bull. Havent seen any rut activity yet either.

BowhuntinDB, what tag do you have? PM me and maybe we could swap notes.

i have an archery tag. it's been challenging finding big bulls so far. I'm heading back out there this weekend. I'll post a report when i get back to let you know how it goes

You better go after the one pictured, or the "one bigger" if you have found them. The archery hunt in the Books is tough due to early season and open terrain, but it also allows for spotting game that you can't do on other units that are heavily wooded.

Good luck on finding this one and the "one bigger". Let us know how it turns out. Wish I would have been out there after deer with the Multi-Season deer tag this year, but it didn't work out... So I don't have better information.

The one you have pictured is worth going after I think though.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Yeah...finding big bulls has been challenging. We're hoping to luck out and find either of the two shooter bulls again, and if we do we'll put a spot and stalk on 'em. We've found some wallows and springs and a couple good herds of cows hanging around those spots, but no big bull activity yet. I have all of Sept off if I need it, and if it gets to that point hopefully that last week will (and should be) the best. I'll keep you guys posted

I was out there over the weekend. We seen lots of cows. Hopefully its only a matter of time before the Bulls start showing up. We will be trying to fill (2) rifle tags. Gloomis, I sent you an E mail. Bowhunter, I would love to talk to you after this weekend and get a report for the following week. Please feel free to PM me. I will PM you with my contact info.

Sounds good, OpeningDay. I'll keep you posted. I'm headin back out there today and will be out there until I get a bull or my hunt is over. I'd be happy to share any info when I get back. I'll look for your PM

Sounds good, OpeningDay. I'll keep you posted. I'm headin back out there today and will be out there until I get a bull or my hunt is over. I'd be happy to share any info when I get back. I'll look for your PM

Good luck DB, can't wait to see the pics and see a full report. You guys having me missing the Books this year.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom