Any antelope tags left?

M

MtnHunter

Just wondering...Are there any antelope tags available over the counter? I thought about taking my dad. He is almost 70 and doesn't hunt as hard as he use to, plus he can't handle the cold to well anymore. A September antelope hunt would be perfect!I know its late in the year... just thought I would try?

wait till after the wyoming draw and see what is left, probably mostly Eastern side private land tags.

South Dakota has OTC archery antelope tags.....

I am pretty sure Wyoming with have some left over tags. They always have some in the Eastern part of the state where you run into private land issues. I took my son on his first antelope hunt that way 10 years ago and we had a great hunt. Good luck with your Dad! You might have to pay a small trespass fee as we did, but it was a fun hunt for us.

You can find small amounts of public land with good goat hunting in eastern Wyoming.Check out the Walk In Areas.Lots of left over tags and public land = great hunt !!
I hunt on leftover tags every year.

Montana usually has some leftover bucks tag as well.
They go QUICK though, like a matter of an hour or two.

Also our season is a little later, and usually colder, so that might play in.

I've checked the Wyoming web site. There are hundreds of leftover tags! I thought I might try to get a Reg. B or C deer tag as well. As long as we can find a land owner who will let us hunt both species. Which region should I concetrate on? I'm clueless!

Look into 23 southwest of Gillette. Extremely high goat populations and pretty easy to get on private for $100 -$300. Deer are another story. Most ranchers are much more protective of the deer and tresspass fees tend to be a lot higher. Get the landowner list from Wyo.game and fish and start calling. or, call the Gillette chamber of commerce. they will help you too. Looks like there are a ton of doe / fawn antelope tags too. Cheap, fun addition to your hunt. GOOD LUCK. Chip

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-10 AT 04:34AM (MST)[p]I gave up on trying to hunt a private ranch for deer.Either the ranch was leased by an outfitter or the owner was not letting any deer hunters on.Antelope is O.K. but no deer.I started hunting WaLk IN AREAS and found some good hunting.
I am going to try and buy a tag for B and hunt a Walk In Area.I have never hunted the area and going on the info from a friend.What ever I find,I will have a good time.

are any of the tags around Laramie any good. Is there any public land around that area. Didn't draw any tags and want to go on a fun hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom