Any '94-'97 Ford truck owners?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
We just bought a '97 F250 because I love the body style. Anybody else own a truck like this? I'm planning on making it my regular driver in a month or so after I sell my current '08 F150.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

LAST EDITED ON May-27-15 AT 01:05AM (MST)[p]Got a 96 1/2 ton with 448,000 miles on it. Rearend bearings, starter, ball joints, and radiator are all I've had to replace. Bought it brand new Oct 95. No complaints. Got a 92 f250,same body style, 228,000. Starter and ring gear so far. No complaints

What Motor? Automatic? Pics?

Congrats on your new/used truck Steve!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Good to know DW! That's a positive sign when a guy has lots of miles on a vehicle and it's still alive and kicking. :)

Joey- Its got the 460 in it which kind of scares me because of the gas mileage but it is what it is. I don't have pics on this computer but will post some up later. It's heading down to the local garage this afternoon to get all checked out.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Wiz my f150 has a 351 automatic. The f250 has a 460 5 speed manual. The gas mileage isn't much different between the two, maybe a mile or two per gallon. An old boy told me one time if yer buyin a v8 get the biggest one they make cause the mileage isn't much worse for the increase in power you get.

97' f250..460ci 5 sp not my daily driver..
9 -10 mpg..up hill, down hill.. (hurricane to my back) or towing a nash 22h! 4:11's or 4:10's. 94k mi
reg cab.
only thing that ever went bad was the Cat @ 28k and computer at same time was replaced!
paint is still good too. I taken care of it and wash and wax and keep a cover on it during storage..i love the body style too.
jester

I've got a '95 250 auto with the 7.3. Bought brand new off the lot. Beefed up the automatic transmission for heavy pulling. The only problem I've had with it was a pin sheered in the front split axle. It was out of warranty when it happened but Ford still fixed it no charge. The paint isn't very pretty anymore because it is never garaged but other than that it is still a solid truck. It has extremely low miles for the year so I have no interest in getting it replaced and have toyed with the idea of a new paint job.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

77161997f250silverwhite.jpg

This is the end result for my truck we just bought. Mines a crew cab not extended cab. I think this truck is extremely classy. Not too big and not too small. I really like the silver on white. I'm debating to put the "metal" side view mirrors on but haven't made up my mind yet. Mines got a billet grill on it so I think I'll need to order a stock grill to keep the classic look.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom