antler repair

treedagain

Long Time Member
anybody know of a taxidermist who is good at repairing/rebuilding a whitetail rack. i was lucky enough to harvest a 165 class buck in nebraska last week but he is in need of some major repair on one of his main beams.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

if you were woried about repairing antlers why did you shoot him? mount the trophy as you kille him and dont worry about the lost tines!!!

>if you were woried about repairing
>antlers why did you shoot
>him? mount the trophy as
>you kille him and dont
>worry about the lost tines!!!
>

I'd guess because he wanted to and now he wants to fix it up?

If you're in northern Utah shoot me a pm and I will tell you who did a good repair on a busted rack I shot because I wanted to and subsequently wanted fixed and got fixed with stellar results.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Shame on you treed for wanting to repair YOUR buck! Some people crack me the hell up. Good luck on the repairs and make sure to post pics of finished mount.

>Shame on you treed for wanting
>to repair YOUR buck! Some
>people crack me the hell
>up. Good luck on the
>repairs and make sure to
>post pics of finished mount.
>

You had it right when you emphasized the YOUR part Sparky. Not your problem. It is his and so why should you lose any sleep over it. No shame is required. He did not know that the worlds foremost doctorate of antler do's and don'ts would bless his thread with your devine.majesty. I've seen it all.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-12 AT 10:11AM (MST)[p]I guess I need to work on my sarcasm :) My above post was in response to horseshoer25 comment. Anyways, congrats on a hell of a nice whitetail and please post up a pic of finished mount.

Also, those Swaro 15's I bought from you last year have been the demise of a lot of critters this year :) See ya!

mlycrzy glad your putting those 15's to good use...

1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

First off, you should not even think of using a taxi that cannot repair/replace/duplicate, antler issues. Basic stuff for any experienced "stuffer".

.....and I personally would have it fixed if it were mine.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

I can fix it, Im a muley man, but dreamed of takin a good whitetail, i went to canada and out stepped a 175 buck, my first shot blew his heart out, but he ran like i missed! My second shot hit him in the back of the head and blew the right antler off just past the browtine, he flipped and hit the ground so hard he broke his left side off just in front of the browtine. I walked up and found what was now a spike. I picked up all the pieces and brought them home, the skull was destroyed by the shot, so i repaired the antlers, cut them off below the base, and attached them to a muley skull, it turned out great, took some time but you cant even tell.

I would be happy to fix it for you no charge, im in utah, let me know if i can help!

i do not have the other side, he was busted off when i i shot him. i plan on mirroring the other side minus the cheater

1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

>I can fix it,
>Im a muley man, but
>dreamed of takin a good
>whitetail, i went to canada
>and out stepped a 175
>buck, my first shot blew
>his heart out, but he
>ran like i missed!
> My second shot hit
>him in the back of
>the head and blew the
>right antler off just past
>the browtine, he flipped
>and hit the ground so
>hard he broke his left
>side off just in front
>of the browtine. I
>walked up and found what
>was now a spike.
> I picked up all
>the pieces and brought them
>home, the skull was
>destroyed by the shot, so
>i repaired the antlers,
>cut them off below the
>base, and attached them to
>a muley skull, it
>turned out great, took some
>time but you cant even
>tell.

LMAO!

Even though it ain't Funny!

Were you Impressed with your own shootin?

And was the Buck Legal when you got done?:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Glad to see a plug for Brad. He's got it figured out for sure. The man does amazing work! Local Spanish Fork gentleman. Hang 'em High!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom