Antler lamp and belt buckles

erocs_88

Not really sure where this should be posted. Recently I've started making things out of my shed antlers. Thought I'd share a couple of my most recent projects. I have been pretty impressed with how they turned out. I think my next project might be a bolo tie made with a deer rosette. What do you guys think?

9005image.jpg

6929image.jpg

4587image.jpg

Nice work!

I have a lamp, very similar. The lamp shade sits down on a male threaded piece above the bulb. My lamp has a female threaded piece of antler fork holding the shade on, in place of reg nut, and showing out the top of the shade to nice effect. Just an idea.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Looks good. I too make antler lamps, sconces, and chandeliers. They can be a lot of work. I'll have to post up some pics one day.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I agree Nodakker antler lamps are a lot of work! You should throw up some pics though, I'd like to see them.

I like your idea sage, I actually cut the rosette off of a deer antler and was gonna use that for the cap. I just haven't got around to threading it so that it will work.

As for the belt buckles, they are a lot easier than the lamps but still take some patience. There is a metal piece of hardware that you can screw to the back. Maybe I will take a pic and post it but just google belt buckle hardware and you will see what I'm talking about.

I went to the local Home show with Mrs. RUS just lately. I was surprised how many high end houses were decorated with elk and deer antlers. Looks like it's becoming the "in" thing.

Lamp looks cool. Bet you could sell it at a craft fair for some decent cash.

Hard part about selling the lamp is I am attached to it. I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time parting with my antlers. I've thought about making belt buckles for other people with their own antlers. Make a little cash to help fuel my hunting trips. Not really sure what people would be willing to pay for that stuff tho and if it would be worth the hours that I put into it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom