Antelope

B

bucks24

Looking for any info on units that offer OTC tag. Would like to be able to drive out and hunt, if work schedule permits.
Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-11 AT 08:49PM (MST)[p]If you call "over the counter" buying from a Game and Fish office, probably only in Cheyenne, then you might be able to pick up a doe tag or two at some point in time before the hunts. They stopped selling tags at license agents (stores) quite a few years ago, at least in the southwest portion of Wyoming. I assume it is the same state wide.

The draw application period for nonresident deer and antelope tags was last Monday. Leftover tags (ones that don't get taken in the draw) will not be available until July 6 and July 20th on a first-come first-serve basis. They will be able to be purchased online on your home computer or at any license agent that has the computerized system, or at the G&F Offices. There will be plenty of leftover buck and doe tags in a lot of areas, especially in the north and central parts of the state.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Do you know which units might have tags? Will there be any public land to hunt?

When the buck tags come out in July,i would not wait long to purchase ,because they sell out fast in some units.

My experience has been the left over tags are in units where few antelope live on public land. You will be looking at paying a trespass fee or fighting a crowd for animals on public ground.

Actually, there will probably be tags for units 7 & 29 over on the east side of the state if things go like they have been. There is plenty of public land and 7 also has over 20,000 acres of WIHA land enrolled in the Access Yes program, but I would wait and hunt the second week after the crowds thin out to hunt either one of them.

TOPGUN is right the grasslands are where we send hunters and generally they can go to town and buy leftover tags that same day... Good luck!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom