Antelope Winterkill in Units 90-96, and 60's ?????

MITROLL

I know it's a little early to tell but the application deadline is creaping up fast and I'm debating burning my max pts this year. Heard parts of the west are getting hammered with lots of snow and winterkill. Any one have any idea on these parts of Wyoming. Thanks Brian

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-11 AT 11:54AM (MST)[p]It doesn't sound very good throughout that whole area! Word from G&F is that it's not a disaster yet, but the worst winter in the last 5 years or so. The next couple months will be the key from what they are saying and they are hoping for warmer temps and not much more snow or there could be real problems. I think if I were you with max PPs that I would wait until the last 2 or 3 days and really check on things then before applying online. Don't wait until the last day though because there could be website problems with a lot of people waiting longer than normal this year because of the weather.

Winterkill seems to be very area specific, as some areas are hit much harder than others. It seems like it just depends on which way the wind blows. If the first poster is correct ("the worst winter in 5 years"), you can expect some winterkill as well as stunted horn growth. Expect to see some bucks with short horns. Right now in the south east part of the state, we're on the melt, so keep your fingers crossed. . . . This may be a good year to get a pp!

You are allowed to withdraw your application in WY up until about 15 days before the published draw date.........in July. You get full refund plus you can still buy a point in the summer. Great policy.

5PM MST on July 3 is the last day that you can modify or withdraw from the deer and antelope draws this year. It's right in the booklet.

I think We'll be alright. No doubt the winter kill statewide will be above average but I don't see this is as one of those butt kicking winters like 07-08. I wouldn't worry about not drawing a tag. Were not out of the woods yet things could get ugly quick. I'd reevaluate in late april.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom