Antelope unit

Huntmaster

I would like to get my 12 yr old an antelope tag this year in Wyoming, I have hunted unit 93, 95 and 99, but looking at the odds on those units it may be a few years before she could hunt. Do any of you have any suggestions for a kid for a goat hunt they could draw with no points and have multiple opportunities at speed goats? I'm not looking for anything huge a 11-14 inch goat would be fine, just an opportunity to hunt with my kid. Also I know when I hunted there my first time the landowners wanted us to shoot them on their property there were so many. If any of you know of any private landowners or own land that you would like them taken off that would be great, thanks in advance. Southern or southwestern whoming would be the best but we are open to suggestions.

go to the draw odds here on MM. Pick antelope, non resident, do not pick an area, and hit enter.
It will give the draw odds for every area in WY., and how many PP's required. From there pick an area where you can draw.

Huntmaster---If I were you wanting to take her on her first hunt and be assured of a fun time with plenty of chances and not having to fight the crowd, I'd look into paying a rancher an access fee. You can call the F&G Office in Gillette and get a list of ranchers in unit 23 where there are a jillion tags leftover every year. Right now that unit is full of goats and I'm sure you'd be assured of taking her on a nice trip by spending a couple hundred extar bucks for access on a ranch.

>Huntmaster---If I were you wanting to
>take her on her first
>hunt and be assured of
>a fun time with plenty
>of chances and not having
>to fight the crowd, I'd
>look into paying a rancher
>an access fee. You
>can call the F&G Office
>in Gillette and get a
>list of ranchers in unit
>23 where there are a
>jillion tags leftover every year.
> Right now that unit
>is full of goats and
>I'm sure you'd be assured
>of taking her on a
>nice trip by spending a
>couple hundred extar bucks for
>access on a ranch.

Pretty good advice for the type of hunt you want.
I took my sons on there first antelope hunt in unit 23 and we had a great time.200-300 or more antelope a day .If the boys missed one,there was another in 15 minutes.At that time the rancher charged $50 each for the hunt ,but I am sure it is higher today.We all took decent bucks and I took two does for meat.

Have any of you ever hunted units 42-50? Looks like I may possibly be able to get one of those units any suggestions there, mainly 50, thanks.

I havebeen looking at unit 45 myself.Never hunted there but it looks like it usually has leftover tags and has some Walk In Areas for public hunting.
My favorite units are 47 and 32. Lots of public land and lots of antelope,just can only draw every 2-3 years.My wife is building points for these units next year.Me i will hunt does,i have killed several nice bucks in my life , want to get my wife a nice animal.

My 12 year old drew unit 32 last year with no points. We hunted one day and filled his tag at 1:30. Hated to have it over that fast but it was too good to pass up. 14 1/4 inches tall and scores right around 76. Pretty good start to his hunting career and a good goat for that area.

Easy draw and a fun hunt but in this unit you definitely need to look into the Hunter Management Areas. Some of the best hunting is on them.

We bought leftover tags for unit 45 about six years ago. We requested a list of landowners from the WGF and started calling. We were taking two kids on their first big game hunt and the landowner didn't even charge them a trespass fee. Awesome time and we all took lopes one which scored 81 and change. Its a long drive from Utah to go though

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom