ANTELOPE UNIT NUMBER 75.......A BIT OF HELP

YukonDall

Long Time Member
HEY FELLAS......A COUPLE OF GUYS I HUNT WITH WANT TO TRY UNIT 75 FOR PRONGHORN........WE HAVE 4 POINTS TO UNLOAD. I DONT KNOW WHY THEY HAVE SELECTED UNIT 75, MAY HAVE BEEN A MAGAZINE TIP FOR ALL I KNOW.

IF YOU CAN GIVE ME A BIT OF INFO. ON THE UNIT 75 SITUATION, ACCESS, WINTER KILL, QUALITY AND THE LIKE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. IF YOU NEED INFO. ON A UNIT I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU AS WELL.....45 YEARS AT THIS HUNTING GAME OUT OF STATE.

IF A BETTER UNIT COMES TO MIND THAT WOULD BE GOOD TO HEAR, WE ARE ALL 60 ----74 YEARS OF AGE. HUNTIN TIME MAY BE SHORT, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP......................YD.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-14 AT 08:29AM (MST)[p]YD---IMHO I think they've picked a very good unit. Numbers are good, as well as the quality of bucks, and there really has been no winter kill in the unit the last few years that I'm aware of. It's also at least 80% BLM land, so access will not present a problem on most of it, but you should have a good map and preferably a GPS with landowner chip. You'll probably want to do a camp hunt since motels would be way over in Riverton southwest of the unit, which is big enough that it would waste a lot of time and gas driving to town every night. There are quite a few motels there that you can find with a quick internet search. 4PPs should draw the tags based on the last few years draw odds. Hope that helps some.

THANKS TOPGUN.....GOOD INFO. LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU SOMETIME.

PHANTOM HUNTER.....YOUR PM DID NOT COME THROUGH, PLEASE TRY AGAIN. I DO APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE........THANKS.........YD.

Go the last part of season and farther to the west closer to the Resevour...herds head toward the water or so I have read in the past and from a local in Shoshoni.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-14 AT 11:54AM (MST)[p]Access is decent in 75. Mike Eastman filmed a hunt in this area a few years ago. Later in the season is better as antelope migrate out of the mountains from the north. Quality is down as are total numbers. Its the same with all the areas to the east and south of 75. We had a bad winter year before last. Tags were cut everywhere out that way. From what I've seen in my travels, it seems to be a typical winter out there. Guess we'll see how things go this spring...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom