Antelope Unit 68

grizzly

Long Time Member
Hey guys, I am going to try and get my 68 antelope with a bow this year. Studying maps, it looks like there are three streams through the unit. I am assuming in August, I will want to stay around water.

Do you guys have any place that you recommend to camp? I will take a trailer and if there is an area out of the wind with some trees or something, that would be a lot better than camping on a windy knob in the sagebrush.

Thanks for the help.

Grizzly

Griz, sorry I have no camping ideas for you but I would suggest that you call the biologist, BLM range mgr, or warden to confirm that there is water where you think it is. There isn't much water anywhere out there right now and it would be a shame to plan on a certain area only to find out there is no water. Just sayin.... Chip

For a camping location, i would camp by the rock pile off of dry creek rd. great location you can plan for a wind break. be sure to talk to the bug ranch and the dumbbell ranch for permission.

You need to look into stock water areas!!! As far as camping depends on where you are planning on hunting... I seen some really good goats last year... PM if interested, I almost put in for that area this year because of all the good goats I saw last year...

>For a camping location, i would
>camp by the rock pile
>off of dry creek rd.
>great location you can plan
>for a wind break. be
>sure to talk to the
>bug ranch and the dumbbell
>ranch for permission.

Thanks for the info. Are those ranches WIA? Online it says unit 68 WIA ranches don't allow archery hunting. I don't know how that program works, still trying to figure it out.

Its odd that the dumbbell ranch dosent allow archery hunting but you would need to talk to haney stevenson at the pathfinder ranch to know for sure. Thats who they sold to last year. Then last month ganell park who owned the property before past away. So im unsure of how the ranch will be managed.

Thanks for all the help guys. I will get in touch with a local biologist. They can probably help me out.

I'm trying to get my stuff in a pile for archery antelope in two weeks. All the Walk-in Access Area (Rattlesnake Ranch) is in the northern corner of the unit. I verified online that the three enrolled ranches do not allow archery hunting. So that leaves them out.

Should I focus on the surrounding areas in the northern part of 68 or stay south?

The other thing is, I cannot find a place to camp. All the water (ponds and creeks) appears to be on private property and the nearest campgrounds are an hour away. I don't need hookups, but it would be nice to have a decent place to set up out of the wind. Maybe by a creek or something.

I have a call in to the game warden to see if he will help me out.

Any places you guys know of to camp would be awesome.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom