Antelope - Unit 57 or 53

B

bulls_eye

All,

Looking for any suggestions for Wyoming Antelope regarding Units 57 & 53. Are they good units and how are the draw odds for Residents and Non-Residents?

Thanks!

A suggestion would be that it's very easy to answer your own questions by simply going onto the G&F website and looking at all the stats that are posted! There's one for draw odds for the last few years, another for harvest data, and last years Final Regulations to see how many tags were issued and the season dates.

Yes, I have looked at the draw odds and harvest reports from previous years. I guess I was more looking for hunters own preference on the two units and/or experiences.I should have been more specific in my post.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-14 AT 04:43PM (MST)[p]To be looking at those two units then, I presume you either have or at least realize that it will probably take 7 or the max of 8PPs to draw either of those units because they are a couple of the better units in the state.

57 has better trophy potential and VERY GOOD access. Almost the entire unit has roads through it. Maybe too good really, the bucks aren't near as big as they used to be. But that is true pretty much over the entire state. If you hunt hard and spend the time and can feild judge antelope, you shouldn't have any problem finding an 80+ buck.

53 is a little bit less accessible and there are fewer antelope and fewer big bucks altogether. You'll find more private property that is off limits in 53. Are there 80+ bucks there? Yes but in years past it has been significantly harder to find one.

There hasn't been much moisture in either unit the last couple of years (besides early last fall)so habitat is suffering and inturn so are antelope numbers.

Hope that helps

PY

>57 has better trophy potential and
>VERY GOOD access. Almost the
>entire unit has roads through
>it. Maybe too good really,
>the bucks aren't near as
>big as they used to
>be. But that is true
>pretty much over the entire
>state. If you hunt hard
>and spend the time and
>can feild judge antelope, you
>shouldn't have any problem finding
>an 80+ buck.
>
>53 is a little bit less
>accessible and there are fewer
>antelope and fewer big bucks
>altogether. You'll find more private
>property that is off limits
>in 53. Are there 80+
>bucks there? Yes but in
>years past it has been
>significantly harder to find one.
>
>
>There hasn't been much moisture in
>either unit the last couple
>of years (besides early last
>fall)so habitat is suffering and
>inturn so are antelope numbers.
>
>
>Hope that helps
>
>PY

****Thanks PY for the info!! That helps a lot.

KJ

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom