Antelope unit 100

sniper14

Would like to get my boy his first big game animal. Just wondering the odds to draw a doe antelope tag in unit 100. Couldn't find the draw odds. Also wondering if this would this take away his buck antelope point he earned last year. Thanks in advance.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-13 AT 07:34AM (MST)[p]Doe tags don't use PPs, so it would not affect that. Unit 100 has two different doe antelope tags. Type 6 covers the entire unit and last year there were 58 tags with 293 first choice applicants (19.8% chance of drawing). The Type 7 tag is good for everything west of the Bear River Divide and there were 98 tags with only 50 first choice applicants. Just in case you aren't aware of the youth tag price, it is only $33, including the $14 application fee, and he can put in for two in the draw.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-13 AT 09:03AM (MST)[p]That's good info from topgun. I would also add that... although the draw odds are much better applying for a type 7 permit, be aware that these permits are usually involve irrigated land and you may have to deal with private land issues. However, I live in the Evanston area and know that there is plenty of hunting access west of the Bear River Divide. Good luck! It's always nice to hear about guys taking time to pass their love for hunting on to the next generation.

100 had a bad die-off in the fawn crop last summer. I talked with the conservation officer for 100 who expressed that 100 will see a cut in tags. Worst fawn recruitment in years. Drive an hour further east and hunt 90-91 and your son will have a good hunt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom