Antelope Scoring (score this buck)

M

mulieslayer52

This buck is one that I have been keeping an eye on for a friend of mine who drew a tag. Just want to know what everyody thinks he will score. This was taken mid-june so he has some growing still.

If you could tell me measurments it would help me judge pronghorn better
-length of prong
-length of horn
-etc.

Thanks

BrinkerBiggestBuck1.png

BrinkerBiggestBuck9.png

BrinkerBiggestBuck8.png

BrinkerBiggestBuck4.png

Tough to judge from only a few different angles. Were the pictures taken on the same day? The 2nd picture he looks bigger. Unless, his ears are fanned out to the sides rather than pointing back and up.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

my guess is broke down like this

right side left side
length 15 15
prong 6 6
mass 1 6 1/2 6 1/2

mass 2 53/4 5 3/4

mass 3 3 1/2 3 1/2

total score
83 1/2

Nice buck. After watching the video and configuring how many times both he and she took dumps, I now feel more comfortable giving you an accurate break down of what I think he scores.
I definitely think he has Booner potential. I think he has some above average mass, great prong and his length is good.

L 14.75 14.5
B 6.25 6.25
1 6.75 6.75
2 3.75 3.75
3 2.25 2.25
P 6 5.75

79 gross

I consider myself a conservative scorer. Nothing worse than ground shrinkage.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

I agree with Moseley. Thats a Book buck man. 14-15" long but great prongs and good mass. A little thin above the prong but I still see him low to mid 80s easy.

Im jealous. That is a great buck man. You better pound him!

15" tall
mass 1-6.5
2-6.5
3-3.75
4-2.25
Cutters
R-5.625
L-5.875
Total=79.5"
Shoot em till their dead

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-11 AT 11:20AM (MST)[p]Unique Buck! I second and third pics look bigger in mass and digger depths. He looks a little off on the net side but who cares bout net when you can have unique gross bucks. Also on antelope when they get old the tips of there prongs grow/turn into ivory ranging from red to white and colors in-between. They look really cool and bring good money in the antler/ Jewelery arts areas. It looks like in the first pic he's got a little ivory and love his cool antler waves. I'd personally stick this lope and have a nice cool mount for the wall reguardless of any first place record book net score, he may die of old age or from someone else before next year. Also for the books with antelope, older bucks with ivory I wouldn't expect much if any growth before hunting season, they really slow down to a near stop on horn growth at this age, so pretty much what you see is what your gunna get. Good luck and feel free to pm me for anymore info I don't normally check this part of the forumns

After watching the video Im taking a couple of inches off of my score. I put him 80" gross. Not as heavy as I thought and the prong is low. Thin above it too. Mass is where it pours in!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom