Antelope rut in Wyoming

M

MN270WSM

When is prime time to be chasing speed goats???

Can't kill em from the couch!

Hunting antelope in the rut is my favorite time to hunt them. I have been doing this every year I can draw a permit. I would say the last 10 days of Sept. and the first few days of Oct. is the best time.

9-1.jpg

74.jpg

63.jpg

12-1.jpg

17.jpg

8-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

9-2.jpg

15-1.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

1-1.jpg

6.jpg

Have a good one. BB

lots of breeding, chasing and fighting going on the first week of October this year and most of the bucks were separated with 2-4 does, so not too hard to stalk. I would bet the last week in September was the peak, but could be wrong.

buglinbilly I would say you have great skill with a camera. You made my day with your shots. I never get tired of watching antelope and the things they do. I have watched some of the rutting for supremacy and they are truly magnificent to watch. Thank you for the super cool shots.

Was in WY oct 3rd-6th and saw pretty decent rut activity. Was probably then later end but still good. My dad actually shot a buck and within 2 min another buck was mounting his doe. Antelope hunting in the rut was sure fun.

Great photos as always Bill!!

We hunted Wyoming this year from October 8th through the 10th and the bucks were herding up and chasing does like crazy and showing a lot of aggressiveness. The rutting activity certainly helped us fill our tags. I killed my buck just as he stopped herding his does to check out a nearby buck. He held still just long enough :)

It was sure fun hunting them and watching them in their rutting activity. Can't wait to do it again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom