Antelope Pros

bragabit

I have an archery Antelope tag here in Utah. I have never really cared much about Antelope but I am on a waiting period for Elk and didn't want to start in the deer game so I have a tag. Here are a few pictures I have gotten. Are any of these bucks shooter? What kind of score would you give them? Pictures are not great some are the same buck but it is hard to tell.
10.jpg

13-1.jpg

danday158.jpg

danday297.jpg

guzzler031.jpg

guzzler049.jpg

I'm not a pro Chad but I've killed a bunch of 'em so I'll give you my .02 I'd guess about 14'' tall, 6 inch bases and 6 inch cutters. I'd put him in the mid 70's. Very nice buck - especially with a bow ! I don't know what your unit offers for potential but there aren't many places you'd pass on a shot at that buck if you were bowhunting. Let us know how big he is after you put a tape on him. :>) GOOD LUCK. Chip

All of those goats will easily make the Pope and young minimum score. The biggest ones 72-74 inches. I would say just pick out which one you like the best and THWACK.

Cool pix.
IMHO the best one is a shooter for sure. Guess mid 70's too. great pronghorn with a stick! He looks high with pretty good prongs, good mass. SHOOT!
I shot a 77" pronghorn, with my bow, from a treestand in Montana. I was only about 5' off the ground (small tree). The buck came in under me and when I shot he ran THROUGH the pond and turned back and ran under my stand again.
You'll have a fun and productive hunt for sure.
Keep us posted with more pix and the ultimate outcome of the hunt please.
Good luck, Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-10 AT 06:17PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the help guys. I believe the first three pics are of the same buck. Do you think he is the biggest? It looks like his left prong is broken. The last buck looks like a big buck to me but the pic is not good enough tho tell. The fourth pic looks like an old buck but hard to tell how big. Thanks again

Sometimes their prong curls inward instead of outward and it makes it appear broken. Thats what it looks like to me. The last buck looks big but looks like he is lacking some prong length. I would say the first couple are of the same buck.

Some units in UT are highly regarded, some are so-so. Depends on the unit you are in. If you are in a unit that is known to generate some good ones, hold out. If it is an average unit, let the arrow fly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom