Antelope pics

fuzzyvelvet

Since I drew my Colorado antelope tag and am new to hunting them I would like to see some picture of some bucks and what they score (individual measurements of length, mass, prongs, etc would be great) so I can start learning how to judge them effectively. Thanks for the help.

Fuzzy

This last years Wyoming buck fooled me! I knew that he was heavy with good prongs but also figured that he was short of length... and he was. His longest horn is only 13 1/2". It wasn't until i got him to the meat processor that afternoon, the processor himself he got excited and pulled out his tape. Little did i suspect that this buck was anything special. His cutters are both right at 7"
3601wy_side_lope_leaves.jpg

His lower mass numbers also averages right at 7"
7387wy_frontal_lope.jpg

He ended up being a better than average lope grossing a little over 80". Given a couple more inches of height on each side, he would really have been a dandy and Book head.
8460wy_09_other_side_lope_leaves.jpg

Good luck on your hunt!!!

Joey

Check out the video that the PGS guys put out. There is nothing better out there and how to judge and score antelope.

" Size is everything "

Pronghornguideservice.com

John

"" Size is everything "" ??

Do you mean, "mass is everything"?? I'm no expert on the matter but saying "size" is the key to a big lope seems kinda silly.

Joey

I have the "Size is Everything" DVD and they do a whole segment on scoring an antelope. I think Tony Grimmett is the guys name who produced the video. Good DVD.

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom