antelope pics..Guess on score

W

west

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-08 AT 04:05PM (MST)[p]I've been watching this guy for awhile. He is on my top ten list for rifle season. Any thoughts on score?

48c01de331db9c3e.jpg

48c01e03334243ec.jpg

Here's another angle on him. I'm trying to narrow my list down to 5. which ever one of those 5 i can get on first i will take.

48c05b59228b2910.jpg

Very nice buck, with great mass. If he goes 16" I think your looking at an 83 -84 inch buck. IMO

Nice Goat, Great mass, great prong,
I just think he is a little short
on length to score real high, I would
like to know what state it is in because
every state has different body and head size
antelope, so length looks different in
two states like WY compared to NM.

Giving him 14 inch length I come up
with 79 to 80 gross.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-08 AT 03:04PM (MST)[p]HNTBIGBULLS
He's in WY. I've had a half dozen bucks down within a 3 mile radius of this one. They all had 6 1/4 - 6 1/2in ears.

What state? If he has 6" to 6 1/2" ears I would amend my guess. As long as he gets his second measurement below the prong I think he will go 83 -84. The mass makes the length look deceptive. My first look he has that wow kind of look.IMO Put him on the ground and lets find out. JB

I would guess him around 76" to 78". Like most are saying good lower mass and prongs but around 14" and small upper measurements. Good buck though.

IB

76. Let us know when it hits the ground. IMO it doesn't have enough above the prong to go 80+ but it is a nice goat for sure.

Not many goats get the second mass
measurement below the prong, when
the do they usually have real high
prongs and not alot of horn above
the prong.

WY antelope, mass could be a little
better, Big head could be 14 1/2 to
15 in length, especially if he has
some ivory tips we cant see.

The thing I like most about this goat
is the fact that he gets heavier as he
comes to the prong, most goats that do
that tend to have more mass then you
think,and also better prongs.

On an goat like this one, barring he isnt
standing next to a couple of other big bucks,
If he looks alot bigger then the others, you
could be looking at an 80 +inch goat

I think he's right about 80 ish but the length is hard to tell from a picture. Go kill him with a bow and you'll always get 2 measurements above and below the prong.

thanks for the thoughts guys. When i was watching him in the field i put him around a 15 - 15 1/2 in lope. Second guess him when looking at the photo's though. I have a couple larger ones picked out, but hopefully myself or somebody else in my party will put him down so we can find out what he really goes.

Well guys,
I was hoping to get you a exact measurement of this buck. Unfortunatly he was taken by a unethical hunter. My little brother got on this goat opening morning. He was about 400yards away. Trying to close the distants for a better shot he got in the ruts of a two track road and was belly crawling towards the buck. When he had closed the distance to 300 yards (belly crawling the whole way) a truck with two guys in it drove up behind him. They then drove off the two track around my brother said "sorry man" drove up the road across from the antelope. They then shot it from within the truck. Never even opened the door. They just rolled the window down and started blasting. Approx 8 shots. Unfortunatly my brother did not get phone service and could not call the game and fish at the time. He later caught up with me told me the story and we called the game and fish. He did not get a plate number, but described the truck. I had seen the same truck out scouting a few weeks earlier. My brothers girlfriend still has a tag and i will be taking her out to try and get a goat. I hope those guys have all their tags filled. If i see that truck when we are out there i will get your plate number and we will wait for the game and fish to arrive together. I doubt hunters like this read this website, but if you are i would just like to say....It was bad enough to screw up my brothers hunt for him, but then to pull a blatent unethical and illegal act knowing he is watching is downright stupid. Hunting like this will bite you in the butt. You should be ashamed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom