Antelope numbers

W

wkmaster14

Have heard from a couple people that the antelope numbers are way down this year in south west wyoming just wondering what you guys that have a tag are seeing numbers wise. mostly ares around units 93, 96, 92, 94, 91 ,90. I have hunted these areas in the past but have not been up there this year (No tag). any info would be great.

This has been talked about quite a bit lately, but the antelope numbers are definitely way down from previous years. However, they pulled through a whole lot better than our deer in this area. There are very few true trophy type antelope bucks. Most of the older class winter killed, and those that did survive put all their energy into rebuilding their body strength. Of course there are always a few if you have enough time to look. I spent opening day hunting Knight Ridge for mule deer. Not one shot, not one! was fired south or east of Eagle Rock. I heard maybe 5 shots closer to the freeway. Some of those may have been coming from Painter property. It's going to take a whole lot of time and managing to get this herd to come back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom