Antelope leftovers

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
Probably my favorite hunt of the year is Wyoming Antelope that is why as a non-res I dig deep to pay the extra to increase my draw odds....well....did'nt draw....

Any thoughts on a buck tag that might be left over that would be decent....

I know it is a shot in the dark....but willing to try....

Thanks

Ted

Hey Ted,

Many of the good antelope units than historically have left over tags after the draw are sold out. The quotas were cut and the draw odds for deer, elk and antelope went way down. In-fact, the deer draw odds were lower this year than they have been in memory. I too did not draw my antelope, not even my second or third choice that are almost a guarantee on any other year.

I am leaving for a hunt in England and will be back after the first of July. Send me an email if you need help with the left over list. There are a few decent tags still available...

Thanks guys....I read that 113 has tough access....the public is locked up in private....but for sure might a possibility....thanks.....

Alaska....yeah suprised I did'nt draw....damn....love spending time on the prairie. I know my unit reallyh well and have a sweet piece of private all to myself....bow and rifle...depends....

Every unit left is tough access. Buddies and I hunted 113 a few years ago on a leftover tag and had no problem getting goats. Might do it again thia year.

Access is tough in 113 unless you have private to cross. One of the big ranches on the east side was sold last year and will not allow hunting this year I've been told. Still an OK unit but the numbers last year where down probably 25% from the year before, still good numbers but way less. 21 is another one you can pick up, a little better access and some good bucks came out of there last year from what I saw, that and 22.

I am going to look at a doe tag for some where in south central Wyoming.Something that I can hunt after my Colorado elk hunt in October.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom