Antelope left over tag list

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Does anyone have a copy of the first posted left over tag list for the last couple of years? I would like to research units that seem to always have left over tags. Thank in advance for any information anyone can provide.

Bill

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-12 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]sent

I love hunting WY. You will have no trouble finding units to hunt.
Have fun next year.

I have them too----looks like W-Bob has taken care of ya though.

This years units/tag allocation numbers are somewhat lower than in the past.....on the Buck options.

Robb

Thanks again Bob. Pretty slim pickings on units without access issues. Need to to find landowners that will allow access in some of those other units. Or a good second choice area.

Robb, any luck finding a wolf yet? Area 5 still has 3 left in the quota. I am hoping to get a tag when I go to unit 128 to deer hunt in a few weeks.

Bill

I'm a "contrarian" when it comes to the "access issues" in these left over units. This was my 3rd year in WY, hunting in a unit with "limited" access. I covered more ground than I have in the past, but shot 2 does out of the same herd the first night I was hunting. Went back Monday morning, saw a hand full of Bucks that looked to be 14" (biggest bucks I have seen in WY), never saw another vehicle, and shot the 3rd doe that was bedded next to the road. I had 4 doe tags for about $160. If you keep your finger off the trigger for a cpl minutes, you can pick out pretty good sized does. Conversely, a 12" buck will cost you $286.

With a LO sd card in the gps, a guy can take off on a BLM road and simply hunt the sections of BLM when the road crosses thru it. Most people will stay away from the checker board, I think it's a decent place to be. If you're saving points like I am, these left over units let you get out there and you can tag several Antelope so the hunt lasts for a cpl days. You also have enough meat to feel good about the cost to get there.

I have hunted the last couple of years on leftover tags.No problem finding animals on public land.My wife has been building a couple of points so next year she has a chance at the unit she wants.Probably the unit she wants to hunt is no better than where we have hunted with the leftover tags ,she just likes the area.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom