Antelope island buff hunt

J

jbigb30

Who has or who know of anyone who has drawn a antelope buff tag. What was the hunt like pics experience. I've never really talked to anyone about the island hunt and am interested in hearing about the experience

My Dad drew the tag back in 96'. It wasn't the hardest hunt in the world, but it was a good time. It was cool to to see the deer and other critters. The hardest part was finding one that my dad wanted. He wanted one that was big, but still edible. It can be a challenge when the one you want is in the middle of a herd 100.

I am sure some will bag on it, but it was still a great memory I have hunting with my dad.

Had a friend that drew it in the early 2000's. He had a blast but like was mentioned it's not a tough hunt or really a hunt at all.

Traditional >>>------->

I don't think it would be that hard for you experience what the hunt would be like. Just drive out there, pick a herd, and take a walk. Bison behave about the same whether you have a 300 Mag in your hand or not... Their lack of fear is due to being both incredibly large and having so much contact with people. They are never tame, so far as I've seen, but they are no "ghosts of the forest".

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom