antelope hunting

B

basspimp64

im considering putting in for archery antelope in unit 40, something different this year. i was wondering if their is any waterholes out thier and is it worth trying to go.if anybody has info on this hunt it would be much appreciated...thanks

hey it's always worth a try. i would rather ask and try to get a little info before applying for a permit that im not sure about. i would go out and check it out myself before the draw deadline but the snow, waterholes ect are or are possibly everywhere and the waterholes their now problably will not be their later.i especially don't want anybodys spots and was just wondering if it is worth putting in for...like i said it's always worth a try!

there's a reason f&g stepped in and made it a draw last year and now further restricted it to a limited draw this year.part of it was from all the fights over water holes.I went last year and could not believe all the blinds opening day.Guys told me they set their blinds up at midnight when it became legal to 10 days before the opener.I think the later sept.hunt when they start rutting is going to be awesome! but some are going to have to choose between elk&deer or goats

If you are going to put in, better do the first part of Aug. with 200 permits, the later unlimited draw is going to be a joke like it always is out there but worse, when deer season opens there is always twice as many blinds out there, most trying for deer, couple that haven't killed their lopes yet still tryin...last year was the worst i've seen it though, eventually everything in the state will be draw in my opinion..

its funny how everyone says there is always fighting, i have hunted lopes out of the same 4 waterholes the last three years nobody else within sight. I am 100% on sticking a lope every year but than again i hunt 42 and i have no idea why people over look the area i hunt there are always goats in there and its only a 250 yds from a heavly used road, doesnt bother the goats or me though.

bass if you havent put in for your tag yet i can show you some some spots close to where i hunt that i have seen goats hitting water and nobody is hunting, its the 40-2 tag.

thanks, idaholopechaser i will take the opportunity to go, just let me know when you want to get together, im free most of the time on weekends and can arrange time during the week, let me know thanks again.

i have to work the next 16 days so it will be after that i am covering people on vacation.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom