antelope hunt

S

stickboss48

Aanyone know of a reasonable antelope hunt? I can afford around $1000.00 but most hunts I look at at much more expensive.I can't get time off work to scout an area for a do it yourself hunt as I am trying to save up my vacation time. Any help would be much appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-14-12 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]If you're talking about a DIY hunt with plenty of animals on public land, then Wyoming can be done for that price unless you live thousands of miles away. Then the price of gas and other expenses would probably put you over $1K. If you're talking an outfitted hunt, you won't come near $1K anywhere that I'm aware of, as a 2-3 day hunt can be 2 or 3 times that much. May someone knows where you could get a landowner tag and stay in your price range, but there aren't any in Wyoming.

If you just want a good hunt for a reasonably decent buck, you can do that on your own, in any unit. Pick a unit where there is good public land access and put in. It may take a couple years to draw, but unless you have absolutely no clue of how to hunt antelope, a DIY is very easy. There are plenty of p MMers that will be glad to give you some tips. Just read back through all the posts to get good info on where and how. Good Luck!

Which state do you want to hunt? Where do you live? You can get a lot tied up in gas or diesel. I live in eastern Oregon and go out to Wyoming every other year with two friends. We spend less than $1k each. We stay in a wall tent and cook all of our own food. Last year we took 5 bucks and 8 does. All the tags were left over and over the counter. You can PM me if you want.
DZ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom