Antelope Country 2011

buglinbilly

Very Active Member
Here are a few of the many photos I took this year in antelope country. I hope a few of you can enjoy them.

308.jpg

315.jpg

306.jpg

240a.jpg

297.jpg

299.jpg

296.jpg

278.jpg

277.jpg

260a.jpg

246.jpg

253.jpg

221.jpg

320.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/buglinbilly/2011%20Antelope%20Hunt%20Photos/286.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/buglinbilly/2011%20Antelope%20Hunt%20Photos/201.jpg

202.jpg

200.jpg

172.jpg

170.jpg

168.jpg

165.jpg

160.jpg

142.jpg

148.jpg

106.jpg

117-1.jpg

123.jpg

102.jpg

101.jpg

95-1.jpg

96-1.jpg

191.jpg

180.jpg

311.jpg

310.jpg

275.jpg

274.jpg

281.jpg

And for you hunters, here's a video of a friend taking his 2011 buck antelope.

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HhpbNsuE7PM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HhpbNsuE7PM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Have a good one. BB

Nice as always..

I can't wait to get back up to Wyoming in a couple of weeks and do some more hunting. We were there a week ago and could have shot some smaller bucks but nothing big. My son filled his doe tag the last morning with a 28yd shot at first light. He was chomping at the bit to let an arrow loose. I enjoy watching those long legged birds eat water dogs. We also saw lots of badgers.

Awesome images BB. Love especially the landscape images. Thanks as always for sharing your beautiful work.

Eldorado

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Thanks for sharing your sight.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

you should have a copyright on those pictures. the one with the badger with fresh mud on his face is great.

BB, Always look forward to seeing your photo's. They are remarkable. Besides, us Wisconsin folks have a special connection with the Badger !! THANKS. Chip

Chip, if you watched the video above, the guy who shot the buck was a friend who is from Wisconsin. After he killed his buck we sat several days together before he went home, hoping we would see a badger. And in the morning, on the day he left, we had a badger come right up to us.

These are a few of the badger photos I took that day while Doug watched. As I recall it was only the 2nd badger he had seen in the wilds and he sure enjoyed seeing it, as did I.

293.jpg

257.jpg

254.jpg

Doug started squeaking like a mouse and the badger came right up to our blind. This last photo I shot just a tad late, and missed his nose, as he pasted by the side of our blind. I could have reached out and touched him.

259.jpg

Good to see some of you guys like the photos. All my life, I have been a die hard bowhunter, but nowadays and in my old age, I like to shoot photos as much or more, than I do the critters with my bow.

Here's a photo of the buck antelope the Ole Wisconsin Badger shot while he was out here.

Dougs2011WallowBuck.jpg

I am just getting ready to head back out there for the balance of the archery season. It rained had last Monday so I came home for a few days. Hopefully I will be able to get a few more photos to add to this thread.

Have a good one. BB

Billy I don't know what you do for a living but if it isn't wildlife photography IMO you are wasting a gift. A lot of people take pictures few actually get the picture as you do. Thank You again as always.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-11 AT 09:53PM (MST)[p]I am only a wannbe photographer. What I am is an old bowhunter who learned after hunting with a bow for over 50 years that patience pays dividends. And that is one thing I have, more than most photographers have, is patience.

I also mainly shoot wild critters where most photographers shoot park animals. There is a big difference and I love that challenge just liked I loved the challenge of bowhunting for all those years.

I just started doing this 7 or 8 years ago, so I really know very little on the photography side of things, but bowhunting taught me how to get close to critters and if you can get close its much eaiser to get the detail most people want in a photo.

My old eyes are my weak point. I have cataracts in both eyes and need surgery and I have bad astigmatism which makes sharp focusing difficult and I have to rely so much on the auto focus.

But I find great pleasure in my cameras and would encourage you guys who love photos to start taking photos as I think you too would be surprised on how addicting it becomes and how satisfying it is. I love being able to shoot every critter I see if I want to, and yet not having to worry about a filled license. Ha Ha.

Here are a couple more of my favorite antelope photos.

4-5.jpg

3-6.jpg

2-6.jpg

Look closely at this photo and it will show you why antelope don't miss much with their eyes!!!!!

5-2.jpg

Have a good one. BB

As near as I can tell you have an exceptional talent for wildlife photography! All those pics are great!

Bill, as always, your photos are fantastic. However, you got some incredible images with those badger pictures. Those are very, very neat.

Great work Billy,
You obviously have the photo thing down pat!
It makes us excited for our Antelope hunt in 58. Hopefully we will be able to get a few photos of our own...but they will most likely be on the ground if we do.
Thanks for sharing your amazing talent.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom