Antelope Calls

F

Flatlandr

Anyone ever tried a call for lopes? Did it work for you? I watched a Eastmans DVD where a fella did it with what appeared to be great success. I see Primos makes a call for Antelope.

Tell me about your experiences please.

I had an antelope come running from 400+ yards away with one challenge bark from the Primos Antelope Buster. We needed a better look at him to decide if the hunter wanted to take him. He came within about 75 yards and then started looking for the intruder. If we would have had a decoy he would have came the entire way I believe. I think it is mainly effective during the rut

The call also works for stopping antelope on the run.

Antelope are interesting critters. One time they will spot any movement from over 500 yards and be off and running. Then I have seen alot of times that if you wave a white flag they will walk up to within 100 yards to check it out. I have whisled at them before and had them stop and even approach to check it out.
As mentioned as the rut starts these type of behaviors are more common.

Guys - thanks for the info so far, please keep it coming! Eel that is a funny video but I'm sure that approach is worth thinking about, hmmmm I wonder where they got the costumes....

When does the lope rut usually happen?

Mark

The antelope rut time varies depending on location, but generally I would say around the first of October.

I don't know where they got the costumes. They look pretty good though. Don't wear it during rifle season,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom