Antelope assistance

C

coorsman

It appears i have drawn an antelope tag in the Box Elder snowville unit. I am looking for someone else whom may have drawn an archery tag or knows the area and would like to accompany me on a scouting trip this summer. I am willing to put the time in and learn the area. I'm from Idaho and do not know the area all that well.

I drew the archery tag this year and would Like to help out but I won't be able to do any scouting since I'm working in Montana, I can only get off for the hunt, let me know how you do and we will probably run into each other, look for a 4 door black dura max and come say hi, by the way I like your screen name cuz I'm a coors man to. Good luck, Brent

By the way what part of Idaho are you from, I hunt Idaho every year. Thanks, Brent

I am from the Twin Falls area. I have had some success getting some of the landowner information and will begin scouting around July 1. i will stay in touch and hopefully be able to abtain some details of the unit.
Hunting anywhere exspecially a new unit will be an adventure but i guess thats what keeps us hunting...
Ryan

Just wondering if you were able to get out and scout a little? I made it out for 1 day and found some nice goats, the tuff thing is gonna be getting close to them with a bow! Good luck and maybe we will run into each other, let me know the out come of your hunt. Thanks, Brent

i Have not made it out at all..
between my wife and i having a baby this last week, selling my home and moving i have been short on time.
now that things have begin to settle down im trying to get out as much as possible.. which end of the unit have you been looking? Im going to stick close to the idaho border for the time being...

Well how did you do this weekend? Me not to well goats started coming into the water on the first of august and came in a couple times a day, up until the 12th and since then there has been nothing, I only have until Friday to hunt due to going back to Montana for work, let me know the outcome of your hunt, Thanks Brent

Hey Coorsman , I have a rifle tag for that unit this year.I talked to the biologist and he was kinda helpful but a real nice guy . If you have any info for me when your done .Please give me a call. I live to far for a scouting trip so im goin in blind. I would appreciate any help !

Paul
209-607-7426

Well, I went back out for 2 days before I headed back to Montana and got lucky, the antelope came back into the water the day before I got there on the 21st, long hot hours sitting in the blind and also 2 blown stalks but I ended up getting my goat on the 23rd around 11:30am, had him at 11 yards but he caught my movement when I drew back, ended up stopping at 36 yards and thank god I had ranged numerous areas around so I knew the distance and was able to put my arrow in him, he didn't even know what hit he jumped and stopped about 30 yards from the hit and tipped right over, very hot and dry out there so water was key, I will post pictures when I learn how. Would love to hear how you did. Thanks Brent

well i ended up finding a buck the week before the hunt opened and got him the opening morning. he was the biggest one i could find out of forty or so bucks i looked at. was a really good hunt and i would put in for this unit again.
7922ryan.jpg

Paul did you find any antelope on the rifle hunt? from what i saw there was plenty running around.. let me know how you did...

Hey Ryan "coorsman" just wondering if you saw a couple of those freak antelope out there? One grew straight out the sides like a wide muley and the other grew straight forward out over his nose not sure how he could eat but apparently he figured it out. By the way congratulations on a beauty of a a goat. I forgot my damn camera so I don't have any field photos, but I do have some live photos of him on my trail cam so that's better than nothing. Thanks, Brent

I didnt see him... do you know where he was as in the unit. To be honest i didnt see many that far from the farm ground. i even found water holes in the desert with out any sign or tracks around them... Good hunt though, really enjoyed the area. cant wait to see your pics...
coorsman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom