Antelope and Antelope Country Photos.

buglinbilly

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-11 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]As per request, here are some antelope and antelope country related photos.

20.jpg

22.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

37.jpg

46.jpg

46-1.jpg

48.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

15antelope.jpg

16antelope.jpg

20antelope.jpg

21antelope.jpg

1.jpg

4-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

16-2.jpg

17-1.jpg

18-2.jpg

19-2.jpg

20-2.jpg

23-2.jpg

26-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

31-1.jpg

32-1.jpg

35-1.jpg

38-1.jpg

43-1.jpg

44.jpg

50-1.jpg

62.jpg

65.jpg

67.jpg

69.jpg

72.jpg

74.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

y.jpg

LaborDayWeekend12.jpg

LaborDayWeekend9.jpg

LaborDayWeekend4.jpg

Scottday37.jpg

Scott2nddayout2.jpg

Scotts9.jpg

badgerclose2.jpg

7antelope.jpg

16.jpg

25.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

13Antelope.jpg

9.jpg

LaborDayWeekend3.jpg

x1.jpg

2009-Raw-Bubbles-1211408122.jpg

1-1.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

Have a good one. BB

BB,
Thank you for sharing your photos. I have enjoyed them all year. I look foward to you photos next season!

Step 1 is always the hardest!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-11 AT 00:22AM (MST)[p]simply Brilliant!!

just awesome man....i especially love the two bucks with the falcon, all the tuff dudes makin scrapes and scrappin', the tore up young dude at the water, ol' Horny Toad, and the tuffest dude around town, Mr. Badger gettin a drink at the bar!

what fine photographs, excellent work

Great photo's as normal

BUT

The heat that comes from those photo's is great as it is so freaking cold here!

Robb

Outstanding!!!! I could look at those all day. Would love to buy some from you. Putting together a Trophy/Game room and those pictures would do nicely.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-11
>AT 00:22?AM (MST)

>
>simply Brilliant!!
>
>just awesome man....i especially love the
>two bucks with the falcon,
>all the tuff dudes makin
>scrapes and scrappin', the tore
>up young dude at the
>water, ol' Horny Toad, and
>the tuffest dude around town,
>Mr. Badger gettin a drink
>at the bar!
>
>what fine photographs, excellent work

In reference to your statement about the two bucks with the falcon, that bird is actually a Horn Lark. It looks similar to a Meadow Lark in coloring. Hundreds of them spend a grat part of their day near the prairie waterholes.

Here's a close up of the Horned Lark, taken I'm sure on one of the days I tooks some of the the photos posted above. As I see them everyday.
9a.jpg

I do see quite a few raptors and falcons. Here's one from last year.

Scottday36.jpg

I also see a few coyotes each year. This little pup gave me some very close shots. He was yet to be educated about the real world.

Scotts7.jpg

Scotts8.jpg

Scotts6.jpg

Most antelope don't like to get their feet deep in the mud and will usually water in an area where that does not happen. So this shot is pretty unusual.

Scotts5.jpg

\
Scotts4.jpg

Scotts1.jpg

There also seems to be quite a few badgers in this area, but I have sat in other areas for years and seen very few.

8antelope.jpg

Many of my photos are taken at close range and some not so close, but at inapporiate times. Ha Ha None the less I just like to shoot wild cirtters how and where they live.

9-1.jpg

YellowHeadedBlackBird.jpg

CheeckPatch.jpg

B.jpg

FreePronghornSepia.jpg

HornyToadforPhotobucket.jpg

2009-Raw-Bubbles-1101308122.jpg

xxz1.jpg

39d.jpg

00000ab1.jpg

35a.jpg

And even in antelope country a guy gets a surprise now and then, as I saw these two bull elk pass on by one hot day.

32a.jpg

Many people don't see the beauty in antleope country, but to me its simply striking!

31a.jpg

30a.jpg

28a.jpg

29a.jpg

26.jpg

25.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

17.jpg

14.jpg

Anyway that's a bit of antelope and their country. I love the times I'm out watching and shooting photos and I await and look forward to more in 2011.

Have a good one and thanks for the nice comments. BB

Excellent photos! The one of the Pygmy rabbit is awesome! Thanks for helping us get through a long winter.

BB
You just had to throw the sexy "money" shot in the mix. LOL
I like the big black one with the green tag in the foregound. Delicious! Oh, I'm funny today.

Really though.... one word man, FANTASTIC.

Thanks for sharing your excellent work with us. You da man!

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-11 AT 11:32AM (MST)[p]BB,
Thanks again for posting some fantastic pictures, like many others have said I never get tired of antelope or the country they live in. Great pictures - thank you. Will help time pass until the next trip out to Wyoming antelope country:)

Bowhunt I've taken 7 coyotes with my bow through the years, but never taken one from a blind while photographing or antelope hunting. Its funny you ask that question cause usually I just like to take their photo, but this year I had a big mature dog come in and water straight across from me. I took a few quick photos of him, but set my camera down and grabbed my bow. The whole time he drank (about 25 yards away) he had his head down. When finished, he turn 180 and headed straight away. I drew and shot, thinking I hit him from his reaction, but evidently I must have shot under and between his legs. I found my arrow with no a bit of blood.

Several years ago I was sitting a waterhole, with my son, when a nice dog headed towards the water. My son wanted to shoot him, so he got his bow ready, nocked an arrow, and for some reason the dog just turned and walked away. They are pretty smart critters in most cases and just seem to sense things, good or bad.

Here's a photo of the dog my son wanted to shoot and that just turned and walked away at the last moment.

3.jpg

And here are a few other coyotoes whose photos I took while antelope hunting.

2.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

I also like taking photos early and late because of the golden light. Here are a few examples of that.
A1.jpg

A3.jpg

And here's a close up of what the rut is all about.

A2.jpg

Have a good one. BB

Billy my friend...your age hasn't effected your eye for photography...some excellent shots! That cottontail is outstanding...Thanks for sharing them with us...4finger

Great, No...Awesome Pictures.....thanks so much for sharing.
Taxidermists should use these to have a perfect example of a mount.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-11 AT 12:43PM (MST)[p]Here are a few photos I took early in summer, as the antelope were shedding their winter coats. They are not a sleek and pretty, like their late summer coats, but to me, still very interesting. Hope some of you see this different beauty.

7-4.jpg

8-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

1-2.jpg

Have a good one. BB

....not much impresses me, but those pics do. Thanks for sharing them.

How close were the closest pronghorn photos ??

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Most of my antelope photos are taken between 15-30 yards, but some are as close as 6-7 yards.

Here's a few examples of different distances and how they change depending upon the amount of telephoto used.

This one was about 10 yards away.

9-4.jpg

This photo is a cull, but I post it because you can see the side window of my blind and you can get a better idea that he is pretty darn close. Probably 9-10 yards.
12-2.jpg

This one was taken at about 12 yards.

10-3.jpg

This one was taken just under 10 yards.

15-2.jpg

Here's one about 12-14 yards, but not zoomed in so tightly, so he actually looks farther than that distace in the photo.

11-3.jpg

This is the buck shown above with the shooting hole shown above, after he drank and at about 20 yards.

13-2.jpg

This one was taken at about 20 yards too.

14-2.jpg

Here's another just over 20 yards.

16-3.jpg

As to the time spent, to get these photos, let's just say that most people would not be willing to go through all the work and effort I do and if they did, most would not spend the time necessary. The photos taken during the summer require daylight to dark sitting a blind that sometime feels more like an oven, than an 85 degree day.

But I love doing it and the satisfaction I receive is the pay back, for what many, may call toture.

Have a good one. BB

Here's some other photos taken with my Olympus E-3 during the same period of time. In fact some of these antelope are pictured above.

17-2.jpg

18-3.jpg

19-3.jpg

21-3.jpg

22-3.jpg

20-3.jpg

Here are a few more with my E-3.

23-3.jpg

24-2.jpg

25-3.jpg

26-2.jpg

I will post more later as I am just going through some of my antelope files.

Have a good one. BB

Here is an example of a shoot, with two small bucks. I always try to take a mumber of photos, most times changing up the composure, and some of the settings on my camera and by doing so, one hopes that just maybe you can get that "great" shot that hopefully awaits. Most times it doesn't happen, but on rare occasions it does.

Again these are the same buck/bucks and just a few of the photos I took that day as they neared my blind.

34-2.jpg

32-2.jpg

33-2.jpg

30-1.jpg

29-2.jpg

31-2.jpg

27-.jpg

28-2.jpg

31-2.jpg

Have a good one. BB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back